Former Bulldog Aaron Murray on Jeremy Pruitt

cHiZzLeVOL

Who Knows?
[twitter]1019321748955820032[/twitter]

Feel free to discuss

I don't believe this is a fair take on our coach. (Called our team untalented)

Reactions: 2 people
Yes because Murray knows all about being a coach......funny thing is he was singing praises about Kirby Smart before he ever coached his first game so why does Pruitt have to “prove his worth” being a first time HC and Stubby in Athens was already the greatest? It’s UT hate at its finest, that guy is an idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28 people
And what does Aaron Murray know how a head coach should look like? He had 10 win March richt with 5 stars on the field everywhere

Reactions: 7 people
Well in my opinion, if what Murray says is true at any extent, then I believe we have the right AD in here to pick up any slack. Fulmer is really good at all of that "other stuff".

Reactions: 10 people
Murray is correct about a HC and responsibilities.. But he seems to forget who our athletic director is.. He will make sure CJP gets all the front office tasks taken care of and whatnot.. Fulmer won't let CJP fail with those tasks imo

If CJP has any struggles.. Fulmer will mentor him.. Not saying CJP will, but Fulmer has his back..

Reactions: 13 people
Yes because Murray knows all about being a coach......funny thing is he was singing praises about Kirby Smart before he ever coached his first game so why does Pruitt have to “prove his worth” being a first time HC and Stubby in Athens was already the greatest? It’s UT hate at its finest, that guy is an idiot.

Simple. Because he went to Georgia.

Reactions: 7 people
This is what happens when the program with the highest revenue in the conference keeps it on the cheap and hires an inexperienced person. We are open to these attacks...and they may be correct.

Reactions: 10 people
So Pruitt was DC at Georgia in 2014 and 2015.
Aaron Murray played at UGA from 2009to 2013.

Sounds legit.

Reactions: 15 people
Talking heads aren't paid to make hedging comments. Those guys make bold statements all the time with no accountability when they're wrong. I'd be willing to bet Aaron Murray hasn't spent five minutes with Jeremy Pruitt. He's just talking to be talking.

Reactions: 3 people
This is what happens when the program with the highest revenue in the conference keeps it on the cheap and hires an inexperienced person. We are open to these attacks...and they may be correct.

We were lucky to end up with Pruitt after the coaching search fiasco we had. Going on the cheap for coaches isn't the issue; it wasn't all that long ago when most of us were asking "who would want this job" because our administration continues to be incredibly incompetent.

It is actually pretty easy to argue that Pruitt is being paid very well (6 years, $3.8m/year) for a guy with no head coaching experience. That isn't exactly cheap for a guy who's only been a DC to this point, and if he's successful within a couple of years his salary will likely double, if not more.

Reactions: 1 person

Sounds legit.

You mean he made these comments without actually knowing the man?!?

Lol, you know there is a humble way to make a point and a non-humble way and I believe Aaron crossed that line, especially calling our guys "Not talented" that was the thing that bothered me the most.

Pruitt will figure his side out, but calling our players out.... Didn't sit well with me after saying he didn't think Pruitt was the guy.

Sounds legit.
You beat me to it, Fulmer knows what it takes to be a successful HC in the SEC, he obviously thought Pruitt was up to it. Maybe Murray's right, who knows, but right now Fulmer's confidence is enough for me.

Being 4-8 doesn't mean our players are not talented.

Previous coaching is the biggest reason we were 4-8 in 2017. It wasn't talent, it was improper use of talent.

If Murray said we just weren't good last year and used that as a reference, then okay.

Pruitt wasn't here last year and neither was this coaching staff. (Just in a little amount of time they have been able to develop these guys and that is impressive)

Does AM know him personally or did he work with him? Where is his opinion coming from? Asking cause I don't know.

Tbh, i could really care less about the front office and all the other stuff. Butch did that stuff well. What he couldnt do was coach and hopefully Pruitt can deliver there. He can have an assistant or fulmer do many of the non coaching related tasks.

Truthfully, Aaron Murray is entitled to his opinion. It's our job to shove it right back where it came from. Time will tell.

He didn’t say anything that I wouldn’t expect from a UT rival. Ga would be happy to see Tennessee never win again just as we would them. No one knows if Pruitt will mess his pants like Butch did in the last 2 minutes vs Fla. Hell, he doesn’t know.

I agree with him the team is not very talented. They looked like **** last year with even a worse effort. It’s time some of these high school stars show they can play or move on.

We had the money to do exactly what A&M did. Money talks. When all the curtains were pulled back it looks like Shiatno was plan A, B and C. I don't think the Gundy thing was serious. I'm sick of these mickey mouse moves followed by cries for patience, faith and hope. If they want buy in, do something to make people believe that we really are trying to one-up the competition for a change.

Reactions: 5 people
Sounds like Aaron is angling for an analyst job.

I truly believe the University and CPF will let Pruitt focus on Football. We have enough income to pay some wieners to take care of the admin parts of the job.

Maybe Murray is trying to discourage recruits from coming our way.

They scared!

Reactions: 4 people
You beat me to it, Fulmer knows what it takes to be a successful HC in the SEC, he obviously thought Pruitt was up to it. Maybe Murray's right, who knows, but right now Fulmer's confidence is enough for me.
With all respect to the man, Fulmer still thought he was up to it in 2008. Remember, "we didn't forget how to coach"? His opinions are not infallible.

Also, Murray is just wrong when he says Pruitt doesn't have a lot of talent at Tennessee. Butch's teams were made up of highly recruited guys that had offers from virtually every major program in the country. Was Tennessee just unlucky and happened to end up with all the busts in those classes?

There is talent on the roster, particularly along the defensive line, at linebacker, at wide receiver, and even the offensive line (although I think a lot of those guys are a lost cause at this point). The previous staff was fired precisely because they didn't get a whole lot out of it. It isn't like 4-8 was indicative of the talent level of last year's team.

For Murray, it sounds like it could be personal too. He says that he didn't like how Pruitt treated Richt, and to be fair there were rumors of a lot of infighting on Richt's 2014 and 2015 staffs caused by tension regarding Pruitt. Pruitt does seem like a guy Richt and Richt disciples would have a hard time getting along with. Totally different personality types.

VN Store

Back