2019 TN DT Elijah Simmons Commits to UT

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
8341298.jpg

BIG (and I mean BIG) get for Pruitt (Recruited by Terry Fair/Tracy Rocker) and the Vols today, 2019 Defensive Tackle Elijah Simmons (247 / Rivals) from Pearl-Cohn in Nashville, TN. He is listed at 6'2'' | 350 LBS.

Here's his thread in the Recruiting Forum: '19 TN DT Elijah Simmons (UT commit 7/16/18)

He is a 3-star on both 247 and Rivals. Per Rivals, he is the 33rd rated DT.

Offer List
Chattanooga, Memphis, Missouri, Southern, TSU, UT-Martin

This boosts us to 18th in the 2019 rankings.

Last edited:
Truth be told no matter how many stars he has or who has offered at this point, it ain't easy moving a low center of gravity guy that can play nose in a 3-4 if he don't want to be moved. 6'1" at 344lb is hard to get up under if you're an OL.

Truth be told no matter how many stars he has or who has offered at this point, it ain't easy moving a low center of gravity guy that can play nose in a 3-4 if he don't want to be moved. 6'1" at 344lb is hard to get up under if you're an OL.

If it don't work out for him at NT he could be a devastating run blocking guard or center.

Reactions: 2 people

Wow! Some actual football knowledge. This is absolutely the truth.
I get sick of people saying because a kid doesn't fit a " mold " they can't play. I don't know if this kid is going to be a player for us or not. Hell, nobody really knows. Just because he is not 6'7" does not mean he can't be a huge contributer for us in the future.

Yes and our fans drool over each one.

In b4 the coaches know more than we do and he'll get a bump

NB4 the pessimistic fans who know more than the coaches paid to make these decisions. Too late?

Also, it's July. It'll work itself out if his senior year doesn't pan out. Not that you've watched his film, I'm sure.

When first seeing his listed weight and height I immediately thought "space eater", but after watching his highlight film I see that he has good agility and quick feet. He's aggressive, too.

Hopefully he'll turn out to be a good get for us.

No idea how he'll turn out but was surprised by his quickness when we started following his recruiting.
Kid even ran a leg in a track meet.

Not everyday that you see the +300 running track. So he's hard to move, quick and explosive. I say welcome aboard.

VN Store

Back