The Athletic

#1ManningFan

Vol for Life
Has anyone subscribed to them? Thoughts? They're bringing in some serious sportswriter talent. Tennessee is part of the market they're covering. The app for your phone is clean and user friendly. David Ubben is covering our Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
Did the trial, loved it. They have the best conglomerate of baseball writing talent out there. Couldn’t justify buying it when I also buy MLB TV and get news for free anywhere.

Did the trial, loved it. They have the best conglomerate of baseball writing talent out there. Couldn’t justify buying it when I also buy MLB TV and get news for free anywhere.

They got 40% off right now. $2.99 a month/$35.99 annually. The two articles ive read so far have been awesome on Pruitt. Real journalism. Felt like i was reading a newspaper lol.

Thanks for subscribing. I've really enjoyed getting my feet underneath me here in Knoxville and getting to know Jeremy Pruitt a little better.

We're two parts into an eventual six-part series on his road to Tennessee.

Part 1 was about his now-complicated relationship with his hometown, where I spent a week last month.

And Part 2 about his days as an MTV reality TV star posted earlier today.

I also wrote a wide-angle piece on the State of the Program.

You can see our team page here.

We've got big plans for this fall and hopefully you guys will join us. Thanks again!

Has anyone subscribed to them? Thoughts? They're bringing in some serious sportswriter talent. Tennessee is part of the market they're covering. The app for your phone is clean and user friendly. David Ubben is covering our Vols.

Reactions: 14 people
haven't seen a lot about Tennessee yet, but I'm a huge fan of the site. Signed up two weeks ago. As mentioned above, the baseball writing is phenomenal. The offseason football (both NCAA and NFL) are real stories, not fluff pieces nor are they agenda pushing pieces. Just news. Tough to find actual news and insights in the free world where agenda pushing tends to drive articles instead.

Reactions: 3 people
I just subscribed too. Had been thinking about it for the NHL coverage, but if they're stepping up with Vols coverage too I'll give it a shot.

Thanks for subscribing. I've really enjoyed getting my feet underneath me here in Knoxville and getting to know Jeremy Pruitt a little better.

We're two parts into an eventual six-part series on his road to Tennessee.

Part 1 was about his now-complicated relationship with his hometown, where I spent a week last month.

And Part 2 about his days as an MTV reality TV star posted earlier today.

I also wrote a wide-angle piece on the State of the Program.

You can see our team page here.

We've got big plans for this fall and hopefully you guys will join us. Thanks again!

You motor boatin son of a gun lol. Well since we have you in our presence i have a question for ya. Are you or are you not a Razorback fan? I read where you covered the Big 12 the last decade and grew up in Arkansas, so i have to ask. Also, will you be posting more articles as the season gets closer? Dilly dilly!

You motor boatin son of a gun lol. Well since we have you in our presence i have a question for ya. Are you or are you not a Razorback fan? I read where you covered the Big 12 the last decade and grew up in Arkansas, so i have to ask. Also, will you be posting more articles as the season gets closer? Dilly dilly!

Disregard the last question on UT. Saw your last sentence in your post. But elaborate if you would like on what we can look forward too.

Thanks. I grew up in Arkansas and loving CFB, but I haven’t lived there since 2005.

As for what you can expect, we’re set out on explaining the why and the how things happen, introducing you to people you should know and telling you more than anyone else about the people you already know. Every time you come on the site, we want you to leave saying, “I got a lot out of that.” We’re taking serious the idea of living up to that ideal.

Reactions: 4 people
Thanks. I grew up in Arkansas and loving CFB, but I haven’t lived there since 2005.

As for what you can expect, we’re set out on explaining the why and the how things happen, introducing you to people you should know and telling you more than anyone else about the people you already know. Every time you come on the site, we want you to leave saying, “I got a lot out of that.” We’re taking serious the idea of living up to that ideal.

If you don’t mind me asking, where in Arkansas did you grow up? Lived there a time or two myself.

thanks for the info David. nice to see you drop by. don't be a stranger. for the record, the stuff i've read on the Athletic is really good, and doesn't have the "pestering" feel of the regular click bait stuff.:thumbsup:

VN Store

Back