Pruitt's defense had 94 sacks the last 2 seasons

That's the difference between (UT) a sack of potatoes, and (Bama) loaded with all-americans and future NFLers.

Reactions: 2 people
Pruitt had way better players than Butch during his time at Bama.

For the sake of argument and before the discussion once again regresses to the talent discussion, Jeremy Pruitt is a more aggressive kind of guy. He is just quicker to load up and come after the QB rather than Kirby Smart's approach. Smart always spoke about affecting the QB whether that actually meant sacking the QB or not. We did have some great sack numbers with Smart but it was much more of letting the front 4 beat their opponent. Pruitt will dial up more blitzes and he wants the QB on the ground, looking up. Both DCs are good at what they do, but Pruitt, to me, has the better feel for how to affect the game.

Reactions: 28 people
You will see more of everything under Jeremy Pruitt.

The defense will be extremely prepared before each game as far as reads go and the defense should start to stay at home "play their assignments" this will fix a lot of the issues from last year.

Last year we had a lot of guys who would not play their assignments and this caused issues.

Hopefully the fan base has the patience to wait that long. I have my doubts.

Hopefully, the fan base will eventually tire of firing coaches and starting over. Since it took years to fire the current AD after he retired-on-the-job as a coach, I think his first hire (which appears to be an excellent one) will get a fair grace period.

Reactions: 1 person
It's starting to get that kind of feel in here. Can we see him beat Vandy first before the HoF speculation begins?

Attachments

• yes-ive-heard-kills-men-by-the-hundreds-and-if-he-were-here-hed-consume-the-english-with-firebal.jpg
    yes-ive-heard-kills-men-by-the-hundreds-and-if-he-were-here-hed-consume-the-english-with-firebal.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 539
Reactions: 2 people
That stinks! Need to get back to the good ole days of 47 or so a year! I think it was 94 95 or so when Johnathan Brown and Steve White racked up!

96 iirc. Just watched the replay yesterday of the OSU bowl game. During the game they sacked Hoying and Muffburger said it was a new school sack record that year. 45? Can't remember the #.

I bet TN will have more sacks this year but not proportionately more (as in comparable to the conference powerhouses) until 2020 when hopefully the increasing recruiting acumen really bears dividends.

For the sake of argument and before the discussion once again regresses to the talent discussion, Jeremy Pruitt is a more aggressive kind of guy. He is just quicker to load up and come after the QB rather than Kirby Smart's approach. Smart always spoke about affecting the QB whether that actually meant sacking the QB or not. We did have some great sack numbers with Smart but it was much more of letting the front 4 beat their opponent. Pruitt will dial up more blitzes and he wants the QB on the ground, looking up. Both DCs are good at what they do, but Pruitt, to me, has the better feel for how to affect the game.

Well done sir. Getting after the QB is in his dna as a coach.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back