Out with the new, in with tradition!!

Wouldn't tradition actually be double stripes on the pants?

I don't really care about taking out the checker part.

Reactions: 5 people
The Tennessee Volunteers have some of the most-iconic uniforms in all of college sports, especially with the checkerboard pattern that has long been on the helmet and pants.

Really?

Reactions: 1 person
The Tennessee Volunteers have some of the most-iconic uniforms in all of college sports, especially with the checkerboard pattern that has long been on the helmet and pants.

Really?

Yeah I was WTF at that; but it’s SDS so I don’t expect well written articles from it.

saw the black cleats from him back then but not the checkerboard stuff - to many uni threads in here

It wasn't in a uniform thread.... Unfortunately I stalk the boards soooo I remember this one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180712-225612.jpg
    Screenshot_20180712-225612.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: 2 people
Narrow the helmet stripe while you're at it. It's too fat and wide currently. Narrower stripe has a more classical, cleaner look.

Reactions: 5 people
it doesnt mention getting rid of the checkerboard stripes - it says Pruitt and Fulmer wanted to but Nike resisted

It states there are a couple of changes with the stripes.... Resisting means Nike is fighting it. He was implying that they were trying to make it solid.

Edit: Either way DP confirmed yesterday before that article came out.

Good, checkerboards on the unis was the stupidest thing I've ever seen, I hated it. Good riddance.

I don't mind uniform changes. But, honestly, I'm with you on this one. On the pants and helmet looked cheesy to me. Not as bad as those checkerboard sleeves from the Dooley regime tho.

Honestly, hoping for a return to traditional winner to return as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't mind uniform changes. But, honestly, I'm with you on this one. On the pants and helmet looked cheesy to me. Not as bad as those checkerboard sleeves from the Dooley regime tho.

Honestly, hoping for a return to traditional winner to return as well.

Dont recall any during Dooley years

Will miss the checkerboard stripes. They were subtle touch and looked awesome.

Ugh, on black cleats. That's not a tradition. We wore them back in the day because color matching was hard then, everyone wore black or white for that reason. In 2018 it just looks goofy and 2nd rate, like we can't afford shoes to match the uniform. At least they aren't bringing back the black outline on the away uni.

I'm won't miss the grays. I liked them at first but they are tainted now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back