3308 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Out with the new, in with tradition!! Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 07-12-2018, 09:52 PM   #16
508mikey

Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!!
Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHiZzLeVOL View Post
Negative Deerpark said this like a month ago I believe.
saw the black cleats from him back then but not the checkerboard stuff - to many uni threads in here
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 09:56 PM   #17
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!!
Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolForLife83 View Post
The Tennessee Volunteers have some of the most-iconic uniforms in all of college sports, especially with the checkerboard pattern that has long been on the helmet and pants.

Really?
Yeah I was WTF at that; but itís SDS so I donít expect well written articles from it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #18
cHiZzLeVOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 508mikey View Post
saw the black cleats from him back then but not the checkerboard stuff - to many uni threads in here
It wasn't in a uniform thread.... Unfortunately I stalk the boards soooo I remember this one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20180712-225612.jpg (93.4 KB, 18 views)
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #19
508mikey

Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHiZzLeVOL View Post
It wasn't in a uniform thread.... Unfortunately I stalk the boards soooo I remember this one.
it doesnt mention getting rid of the checkerboard stripes - it says Pruitt and Fulmer wanted to but Nike resisted
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:08 PM   #20
Caspian

Narrow the helmet stripe while you're at it. It's too fat and wide currently. Narrower stripe has a more classical, cleaner look.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:09 PM   #21
cHiZzLeVOL

Quote:
it doesnt mention getting rid of the checkerboard stripes - it says Pruitt and Fulmer wanted to but Nike resisted
It states there are a couple of changes with the stripes.... Resisting means Nike is fighting it. He was implying that they were trying to make it solid.

Edit: Either way DP confirmed yesterday before that article came out.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:09 PM   #22
HoptownVol

Good, checkerboards on the unis was the stupidest thing I've ever seen, I hated it. Good riddance.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:26 PM   #23
livefaith

Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoptownVol View Post
Good, checkerboards on the unis was the stupidest thing I've ever seen, I hated it. Good riddance.
I don't mind uniform changes. But, honestly, I'm with you on this one. On the pants and helmet looked cheesy to me. Not as bad as those checkerboard sleeves from the Dooley regime tho.

Honestly, hoping for a return to traditional winner to return as well.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:31 PM   #24
508mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by livefaith View Post
I don't mind uniform changes. But, honestly, I'm with you on this one. On the pants and helmet looked cheesy to me. Not as bad as those checkerboard sleeves from the Dooley regime tho.

Honestly, hoping for a return to traditional winner to return as well.
Dont recall any during Dooley years
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:32 PM   #25
JCHateSteve
Recovering Lurk

Will miss the checkerboard stripes. They were subtle touch and looked awesome.

Ugh, on black cleats. That's not a tradition. We wore them back in the day because color matching was hard then, everyone wore black or white for that reason. In 2018 it just looks goofy and 2nd rate, like we can't afford shoes to match the uniform. At least they aren't bringing back the black outline on the away uni.

I'm won't miss the grays. I liked them at first but they are tainted now.

Last edited by JCHateSteve; 07-12-2018 at 10:42 PM..
VN Likes: 9
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:34 PM   #26
TN Jed
I'd rather be fishin'

Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolForLife83 View Post
The Tennessee Volunteers have some of the most-iconic uniforms in all of college sports, especially with the checkerboard pattern that has long been on the helmet and pants.

Really?
Well, the writer is from Missouri.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:36 PM   #27
OleRockyTop
Based Mariota

Quote:
Dont recall any during Dooley years
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the undershirts we used to wear under Adidas

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:40 PM   #28
508mikey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleRockyTop View Post
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the undershirts we used to wear under Adidas

meh - those werent bad -- I recall people actually wanted to buy them for themselves at that time
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #29
wtmvol

Out with the new, in with tradition!! Out with the new, in with tradition!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoptownVol View Post
Agreed!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #30
jackcrevol
Senior VN Member.

Miss the Adidas Unis...

i did like the Smokey Greys, for once every 3-5 yrs.

anyway. glad the cheggurburds are gone. if were getting rid of thigs, just go back to org. i like it.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP