Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Pretty cool, I thought. I'll never forget his touchdown reception in the '98 NC game. He looks like he could still play.

Dh3PvFFX4AAxU1p.jpg

Peerless Price throws first pitch at Suntrust Park on Tennessee Night - FreakNotes

Reactions: 11 people
The guy that caught the first pitch has done something rare. He is the only person associated with Tomahawk Chops that has been able to catch Peerless.....

Reactions: 2 people
The guy that caught the first pitch has done something rare. He is the only person associated with Tomahawk Chops that has been able to catch Peerless.....

guy catching was Greg McMichael. Played baseball at UT and spent 8-9 years pithing in MLB. Now works for the braves.....

Reactions: 4 people
Alot of Vol receivers have had great seasons but none had a better year than Peerless in 1998. Huge plays all year long.

Reactions: 5 people
Did he do the throat slash after the tomahawk chop though?

Guys, we desperately need another championship NOW!
How long are we going to keep celebrating the past?

1998 was 20 years ago. In 2098, I will be long gone but my great grandkids will be celebrating the 1998 National Championship.

We need to be relevant again and not keep living in the past. Recruit, recruit, recruit, develop players, develop players and win, win, win.

How stupid would it look if Kansas City kept celebrating their 1967 Super Bowl championship against Minnesota, even 20 years later?

Nothing wrong with fondness for past achievements, I still celebrate the 1951 National Championship team and that was 16 years before I was born.

I do agree we need another one soon.

1998 was 20 years ago. In 2098, I will be long gone but my great grandkids will be celebrating the 1998 National Championship.

We need to be relevant again and not keep living in the past. Recruit, recruit, recruit, develop players, develop players and win, win, win.

How stupid would it look if Kansas City kept celebrating their 1967 Super Bowl championship against Minnesota, even 20 years later?

It helps when you can fill in the gaps with a Life Championship here and there. :yes:

"WE"? We didn't win anything. The players on the 1998 University of Tennessee football team won the National Championship. The University is right to celebrate these players and their accomplishments for our University. They won it!

Reactions: 1 person
One my top 5 all-time favorite Vols! Stalked his Twitter some. Looks like Peerless is a dedicated family man, girls BB coach, and husband, who handled his vast wealth well. Most importantly of course, still a huge VFL! :p

DUFlC3cVQAEkddy.jpg:large

Besides having a unique #37 WR number (the same as my childhood fav Conrad Graham), he has three of my favorite/memorable plays all time:

#3 Of course, the long TD (and huge game) in the natty vs FSU. The ONLY 3rd down (3rd&10 btw) converted by UT against that ridiculous FSU defense all night.

#2 The 100 yd kick return vs Bama. Being there with a Bama friend who got us tix topped it off. Alexander ran that long TD on us right before and mo had shifted thier way big. Neyland got a little nervous. Then Price takes it all the way to the house! But, wait. Flags on the play. :-( The whole place (we were in 'X' iirc) went flat and my friend stood up and started cheering the flag and laughing at me. Then it was called on Bammer and the place went nuts. We routed em' to finish the game.

#1 The long WR screen TD vs Vandy 98'. Most may not remember this. And it is not as epic in importance. But, Peerless took a WR screen (I think) from Martin, broke tackle, turned up field with about a 10yd cushion for the safety coming up to tackle. Peerless, instead of making a move on him, pointed behind him as if he was setting up a blocker. Nobody was back there. When the DB took a glance to make sure, Price instantly cut it inside on him and took it about 60 yards to the house untouched. Mind blown.

Great memories.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
"WE"? We didn't win anything. The players on the 1998 University of Tennessee football team won the National Championship. The University is right to celebrate these players and their accomplishments for our University. They won it!

Take the fans out and we start forfeiting everything beginning w VT. Just sayin'.

I just like people who think for themselves and don’t follow what the rest of the sheep are doing

You realize most people on this Earth don't have tattoos, right? That's a pretty myopic way of looking at things.

Technically speaking, people with tattoos would be the ones "who think for themselves and don't follow what the rest of the sheep are doing..."

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
You realize most people on this Earth don't have tattoos, right? That's a pretty myopic way of looking at things.

Technically speaking, people with tattoos would be the ones "who think for themselves and don't follow what the rest of the sheep are doing..."

:crazy::crazy::crazy:

Not in professional sports. Watch any NBA game, most players look like a walking advertisement for the show “Inked”

VN Store

Back