1211 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 07-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #16
Backwards K

Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy123 View Post
Guys, we desperately need another championship NOW!
How long are we going to keep celebrating the past?

1998 was 20 years ago. In 2098, I will be long gone but my great grandkids will be celebrating the 1998 National Championship.

We need to be relevant again and not keep living in the past. Recruit, recruit, recruit, develop players, develop players and win, win, win.

How stupid would it look if Kansas City kept celebrating their 1967 Super Bowl championship against Minnesota, even 20 years later?

"WE"? We didn't win anything. The players on the 1998 University of Tennessee football team won the National Championship. The University is right to celebrate these players and their accomplishments for our University. They won it!
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 12:52 PM   #17
livefaith

Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
One my top 5 all-time favorite Vols! Stalked his Twitter some. Looks like Peerless is a dedicated family man, girls BB coach, and husband, who handled his vast wealth well. Most importantly of course, still a huge VFL!

Besides having a unique #37 WR number (the same as my childhood fav Conrad Graham), he has three of my favorite/memorable plays all time:

#3 Of course, the long TD (and huge game) in the natty vs FSU. The ONLY 3rd down (3rd&10 btw) converted by UT against that ridiculous FSU defense all night.

#2 The 100 yd kick return vs Bama. Being there with a Bama friend who got us tix topped it off. Alexander ran that long TD on us right before and mo had shifted thier way big. Neyland got a little nervous. Then Price takes it all the way to the house! But, wait. Flags on the play. :-( The whole place (we were in 'X' iirc) went flat and my friend stood up and started cheering the flag and laughing at me. Then it was called on Bammer and the place went nuts. We routed em' to finish the game.

#1 The long WR screen TD vs Vandy 98'. Most may not remember this. And it is not as epic in importance. But, Peerless took a WR screen (I think) from Martin, broke tackle, turned up field with about a 10yd cushion for the safety coming up to tackle. Peerless, instead of making a move on him, pointed behind him as if he was setting up a blocker. Nobody was back there. When the DB took a glance to make sure, Price instantly cut it inside on him and took it about 60 yards to the house untouched. Mind blown.

Great memories.

Last edited by livefaith; 07-12-2018 at 02:05 PM..
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 01:02 PM   #18
livefaith

Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwards K View Post
"WE"? We didn't win anything. The players on the 1998 University of Tennessee football team won the National Championship. The University is right to celebrate these players and their accomplishments for our University. They won it!
Take the fans out and we start forfeiting everything beginning w VT. Just sayin'.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:12 PM   #19
titansvolsfaninga

Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
I still hate the Braves
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #20
Shadowboxer
Your moms favorite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade route View Post
Refreshing to see a lack of arm and neck tats on an athlete for once
Why?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 02:23 PM   #21
fade route
Just being honest

Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer View Post
Why?

I just like people who think for themselves and donít follow what the rest of the sheep are doing
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 05:19 PM   #22
jpope9
Aight! Lets do this!

Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrangeMojo View Post
The guy that caught the first pitch has done something rare. He is the only person associated with Tomahawk Chops that has been able to catch Peerless.....
what you did there....I see it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 05:22 PM   #23
Shadowboxer
Your moms favorite member

Quote:
I just like people who think for themselves and donít follow what the rest of the sheep are doing
You realize most people on this Earth don't have tattoos, right? That's a pretty myopic way of looking at things.

Technically speaking, people with tattoos would be the ones "who think for themselves and don't follow what the rest of the sheep are doing..."

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #24
VolPack22

One of the best names ever.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 06:21 PM   #25
fade route
Just being honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer View Post
You realize most people on this Earth don't have tattoos, right? That's a pretty myopic way of looking at things.

Technically speaking, people with tattoos would be the ones "who think for themselves and don't follow what the rest of the sheep are doing..."

Not in professional sports. Watch any NBA game, most players look like a walking advertisement for the show ďInkedĒ
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-12-2018, 06:50 PM   #26
illinoisvolfan1

Definitely on the list of all-time great Vols. One of my favorites.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-13-2018, 12:21 AM   #27
The Dog

Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcovol View Post
Alot of Vol receivers have had great seasons but none had a better year than Peerless in 1998. Huge plays all year long.
The truth. Huge TD against Miss St. in the SECCG. Always played big in big games his whole career. TD in the SECCG against Auburn in 1997. I guarantee he scored in at least 3 bowl games, maybe all 4, because he balled his freshman year, too.

Edit: Peerless did not score in the Citrus Bowl as a freshman against OSU. But, he did have a TD catch in the next 3 bowl games against Northwestern, Nebraska and of course, FSU

Last edited by The Dog; 07-13-2018 at 02:10 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-13-2018, 02:14 AM   #28
The Dog

Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by livefaith View Post
One my top 5 all-time favorite Vols! Stalked his Twitter some. Looks like Peerless is a dedicated family man, girls BB coach, and husband, who handled his vast wealth well. Most importantly of course, still a huge VFL!

Besides having a unique #37 WR number (the same as my childhood fav Conrad Graham), he has three of my favorite/memorable plays all time:

#3 Of course, the long TD (and huge game) in the natty vs FSU. The ONLY 3rd down (3rd&10 btw) converted by UT against that ridiculous FSU defense all night.

#2 The 100 yd kick return vs Bama. Being there with a Bama friend who got us tix topped it off. Alexander ran that long TD on us right before and mo had shifted thier way big. Neyland got a little nervous. Then Price takes it all the way to the house! But, wait. Flags on the play. :-( The whole place (we were in 'X' iirc) went flat and my friend stood up and started cheering the flag and laughing at me. Then it was called on Bammer and the place went nuts. We routed em' to finish the game.

#1 The long WR screen TD vs Vandy 98'. Most may not remember this. And it is not as epic in importance. But, Peerless took a WR screen (I think) from Martin, broke tackle, turned up field with about a 10yd cushion for the safety coming up to tackle. Peerless, instead of making a move on him, pointed behind him as if he was setting up a blocker. Nobody was back there. When the DB took a glance to make sure, Price instantly cut it inside on him and took it about 60 yards to the house untouched. Mind blown.

Great memories.
When I was checking his bowl stats, I noticed Peerless was at least, a 2-time member of the SEC all-academic team. Probably and apparently multiplied his money. Peerless played some school, too

Last edited by The Dog; 07-13-2018 at 02:18 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-13-2018, 07:48 AM   #29
titansvolsfaninga

Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night Peerless Price threw out the first pitch at SunTrust Park last night
Quote:
Originally Posted by livefaith View Post

Great memories.
He also owns an Orange Theory...not sure which location though. Fitting name for a business for him.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 07-13-2018, 12:42 PM   #30
Caleb59seal

Quote:
Not in professional sports. Watch any NBA game, most players look like a walking advertisement for the show ďInkedĒ
I get what youíre saying. I have a tattoo on my arm to remind me how precious life is and how important what you do and say influences people and how much I love God....

I got because I had a gun pointed to my face from about 3 feet away and the random man pulled the trigger and........

The gun jammed.... Jesus music started playing in the background in a car with the car was off... and the keys out of the car... crazy stuff.

But Iím sure some have tattoos for different reasons.. and Iím also sure youíre right it is a trend for sure.
Reply With Quote TOP