CFN: Trey Smith ranks as No. 9 interior OL in college football

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
TreySmith.jpg

9. OG/OT Trey Smith, Soph. Tennessee

Is he healthy enough? If he is, go ahead and put him higher. Is he going to work at tackle or guard? He was one of the few bright spots for the Vol offense last season as the top blocker, but he was out all spring with a medical problem. Expected to be back, if he is, and if all is well, the 6-6, 320-pound all-star will be the star of the offense no matter where he plays.

Preview 2018: Top 30 Offensive Guards & Centers | College Football News | Page 2

Thoughts? Too high, too low, or about right?

Reactions: 7 people
The only reason I'm not breaking out my pitchfork and torch leading a riot is because his health is in question. He MUST be either 1 or 2 if healthy.

Reactions: 1 person
Every time I see him ranked on some list for 2018, I have to go and scour Google, looking for an announcement that he has been medically cleared to play.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't care what he is ranked, because all of the Defensive Lineman and Linebackers that have been graced by his presence have regretted it.

Given the question marks, I'm OK with the ranking. While he was a beast last year, he was like a girl that's a 9 standing next to a bunch of 2's.

The sky's the limit for him assuming he gets healthy and gets adequate coaching/development/S&C...

Just hope he can play. Do we have any idea to his status as yet?

I had thought someone previously stated that everything as far as health wise looked good. That he would be playing come fall practice.

Believe they stated the family and Pruitt just wanted to make sure, but that it was looking good.

I’ll settle for cleared to play at this point
Ditto. If he and, on the other side of the ball, Shy Tuttle, can both get fully past their injuries, then we should consider the overall team dynamic to be at least a couple of notches higher. One can only hope.

Yes. He is on some sort of medical restriction.

Yea. He is from my hometown and really a kid that you pull for. He is no punk. He is very respectful and losing his mom at such a early age had to have been devastating for him.
I really hope his Medical condition gets cleared up and we can release the beast that is know as Trey Smith

Reactions: 2 people
If you watch Trey he blocks his man every time. 1/3 of the blocks are good, 1/3 of the time he drives them completely out of the play and 1/3 of the time he pancakes them. If healthy, No. 1 no question imo.

VN Store

Back