I Spoke to Finebaum about Jeremy Pruitt.

I don't think you need a talking head to answer your question to validate what we already know on this board. We all know it is a mystery from anywhere from 3-9 to 9-3. We need bodies with experience that fits what the coaches want to do. In order to do that we have to get some JUCO and Grad Transfers until we recruit the players our coaches want and build them in the image we need.

Reactions: 5 people
That's why they play the game, everybody likes to predict the season in the summer like their prediction will be spot on or close. When in fact nobody knows, it will be settled on the field. GBO!

Reactions: 5 people
To me the season hinges upon whether we can find able bodies on the D-line and corner back position. I look at the potential/talent we have at LB and Safety positions and have to think that with competent coaching we'll be much improved.

Reactions: 7 people
OP. The second question you asked Paul is really thought prevoking. Good job!

I am from west TN and Pat has ties and lived here for a while. Pat's name comes up almost daily in conversation with people around my neck of the woods. Pat lived an unbelievable life she really is a mountain that we all are standing at the bottom of trying to figure out how to climb.

Neyland was before my time. I know his track record for success was unmatched and his will to victory was remarkable.

I would have a really hard time answering the question because both have done so much but if you made me answer I would have to go with Pat.

Reactions: 4 people
We need both sides of the trenches to get a lot better a hurry. That makes or breaks the season

You know we always, at least for the last 10 years, have said the same thing but you have to realize all the other teams are trying to get better too. We definitely need to get better and I sure hope the coaches can make some big improvements but they can only do so much until they get the bodies they need.

Reactions: 1 person
OP. The second question you asked Paul is really thought prevoking. Good job!

I am from west TN and Pat has ties and lived here for a while. Pat's name comes up almost daily in conversation with people around my neck of the woods. Pat lived an unbelievable life she really is a mountain that we all are standing at the bottom of trying to figure out how to climb.

Neyland was before my time. I know his track record for success was unmatched and his will to victory was remarkable.

I would have a really hard time answering the question because both have done so much but if you made me answer I would have to go with Pat.

:hi:

Our Lber's were depleted after the first game then came the injuries to our D lineman.Didn't take a genius to predict our season after the Minnesota game. This year if we can stay healthy
And find some corners we will compete with a lot of teams. I believe the key is going to be the corner play. I'm hoping for 8 wins but Will be happy with 6 or 7. Of course I'm banking on some O players being healthy.

Reactions: 2 people
Saw this live today and liked the questions, even enjoyed Finebaums answers. Our secret weapon I think will be Fulmer. Maybe coach JP already knows this but to beat an Air Force like WVU you keep em on the sidelines with ball control running the ball slowing the tempo to a grind. Fulmer will remind JP of this IÂ’m sure. I think weÂ’ll rush for 200 if we get a victory in Charlotte.

Reactions: 3 people
False.

The game is lost in the trenches, but not won. The game is won in the skill positions.

What? You win games by dominating up front and imposing your will on the other team. What happens at the skill positions only happens because the guys in the trenches are doing their jobs.

Reactions: 17 people
as to the intriguing question-- most important to the state?

Pat would not have had a place to hang her hat if the General did not come before her.

Name on an iconic stadium known the world over--or name painted on basketball court?

That was a question asked by a youngster who has no idea what happened before the big war!

Pat would not have had a place to hang her hat if the General did not come before her.

Name on an iconic stadium known the world over--or name painted on basketball court?

That was a question asked by a youngster who has no idea what happened before the big war!

Interesting :salute:

Our Lber's were depleted after the first game then came the injuries to our D lineman.Didn't take a genius to predict our season after the Minnesota game. This year if we can stay healthy
And find some corners we will compete with a lot of teams. I believe the key is going to be the corner play. I'm hoping for 8 wins but Will be happy with 6 or 7. Of course I'm banking on some O players being healthy.

Minnesota game?

Not to argue, but Pat's name means little on the floor other than to us fans and some players. Now, her "name" is known the world over (at least by basketball lovers). As has been stated many times, she has been a beacon of young women for many years.

While Neyland Stadium is known the world over, you'd be hard pressed to get an answer other than Fulmer if you asked who the football Vols most revered coach is. But I believe pretty much any sports fan anywhere who follows basketball knows Pat Summit whether European or Asian.

I am curious, what is the thought process behind "I think it will be a good idea to call into the Paul Finebaum Show" and the thought process behind I am going to brag and let everyone know that I called into the Finebaum show?

Reactions: 3 people
I am curious, what is the thought process behind "I think it will be a good idea to call into the Paul Finebaum Show" and the thought process behind I am going to brag and let everyone know that I called into the Finebaum show?

He was on the teeeveeee!

VN Store

Back