NFL Coaches High on Shrout

musolfmj

Good read. We may have a good one here. I'm having trouble with the link, but a free read on 24/7. Feel free to overcome my shortcomings and post the link.

Reactions: 4 people
Yes we have read about this one camp several times. He has potential but like the article says he is years away from being ready to play here.

Reactions: 1 person
if he grows 2 more inches - he may be the man next season
Why does he need to grow 2 more inches to be the man? There are plenty of examples of elite QB's at 6'3" or less. I can think of a few in the NFL - Russell Wilson, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Tee Martin was only 6'2" and he was definitely the MAN!

Reactions: 5 people
Yes we have read about this one camp several times. He has potential but like the article says he is years away from being ready to play here.

Hmmmm, just re-read the article and can't locate a reference to being "years away." I did find a clear reference to seeing a similarity with Aaron Rodgers, who, by the way, was a rising freshman quarterback at this stage in his career at Butte Community College, Oroville, CA.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Why does he need to grow 2 more inches to be the man? There are plenty of examples of elite QB's at 6'3" or less. I can think of a few in the NFL - Russell Wilson, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers. Tee Martin was only 6'2" and he was definitely the MAN!

Tee was mobile though -- I just like the taller QBs for pro style, like Peyton Manning and I guess that is the new Vols offense with Pruitt

Hmmmm, just re-read the article and can't locate a reference to being "a couple of years away." I did find a clear reference to seeing a similarity with Aaron Rodgers, who, by the way, was a rising freshman quarterback at this stage in his career at Butte Community College, Oroville, CA.

Yeah - I think he RS as a FR and well go from there -- not getting any 5 star QBs in the 2019 class it looks like at this point

If Shrout appears this season that means some type of disaster has happened. We should hope he doesn't see the field this year.

How would that mean a disaster happened? If the coaches want to get him some PT that's the best opportunity especially against ETSU.

How would that mean a disaster happened? If the coaches want to get him some PT that's the best opportunity especially against ETSU.
Absolutely. With the new RS rules it gives the young guys some game experience or if there is a minor injury or an equipment problem that may take a couple of plays to fix he can come in and just hand the ball off without burning a RS

That would mean that JG, Chryst, and McBride are all hurt or just so ineffective that they have to play a kid that isn't ready.

Yep, there are zero examples of an incoming freshman QB having an immediate impact.

He isn't even a candidate to start realistically. Its Chryst or JG. Even this article said it. Everyone knows.

I could see if he was a Trevor Lawrence type recruit. He isn't.

That would mean that JG, Chryst, and McBride are all hurt or just so ineffective that they have to play a kid that isn't ready.

He isn't even a candidate to start realistically. Its Chryst or JG. Even this article said it. Everyone knows.

So Shrout cannot just outperform these guys and win the starting job?

Well you likely wont care about any of our QBs then. Really good position to have there.

Well it's my position. I keep up and attend. I just could care less what anyone says about kids who have proven nothing. They could all be great or terrible. Time will tell. When we compete with bama we are back.

If he’s getting time that means we have a huge lead on opponents...unlike last season. Even with your agenda you can see that’s a good thing...right?

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back