Ryan Leaf shares pre-draft letter to Jim Irsay, calls Manning a china doll

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I bet this guy feels silly now felt silly.

"But the Leaf boy is another matter. He looks strong & Manning doesn't -- or at least not strong enough to handle that "Welcome to the NFL" business for two years without a world-class offensive line."

"How are you fixed at left OT for the next few years, James? Think about it. You don't want a china doll back there when that freak Sapp comes crashing in."

[twitter]1014928068928913409[/twitter]

Reactions: 13 people
I bet this guy feels silly now.

"But the Leaf boy is another matter. He looks strong & Manning doesn't -- or at least not strong enough to handle that "Welcome to the NFL" business for two years without a world-class offensive line."

"How are you fixed at left OT for the next few years, James? Think about it. You don't want a china doll back there when that freak Sapp comes crashing in."

Uhhh? Freak? He ain’t feeling much of anything...since 2005. :ermm:

Reactions: 9 people
Does this guy not realize that the OT rarely blocks a player at a position like Warren Sapp? You could put Larry Allen out there, and Warren Sapp is going to be taking on the C and Gs about 90% of the game. Is he just a comedian?

Reactions: 3 people
Does this guy not realize that the OT rarely blocks a player at a position like Warren Sapp? You could put Larry Allen out there, and Warren Sapp is going to be taking on the C and Gs about 90% of the game. Is he just a comedian?

Also didn’t seem to have a good scouting report on Tarik Glenn.

Reactions: 2 people
I bet this guy feels silly now felt silly.

From the late, great Raoul Duke himself. Haha, he might be taking the piss here. He used to write a lot of "opinion" articles for espn back in the day. He was probably messing with old Jim. If he was serious he missed the mark, then again, it is Hunter. And when he was serious he didn't miss much.

Reactions: 2 people
Read Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas and you will laugh your arse off for days. The movie sucked and did not do the book justice.

Loved the book along with his other writings. I know the movie was panned, but I love Bill Murray and am predisposed to like anything he is in.

Reactions: 1 person
Loved the book along with his other writings. I know the movie was panned, but I love Bill Murray and am predisposed to like anything he is in.

Sue me but I liked both the movie and the book. Of course, the book is better, but the movie was still great.

Reactions: 3 people
From the late, great Raoul Duke himself. Haha, he might be taking the piss here. He used to write a lot of "opinion" articles for espn back in the day. He was probably messing with old Jim. If he was serious he missed the mark, then again, it is Hunter. And when he was serious he didn't miss much.

Here's an example. Worth a read in my opinion.

ESPN.com - Page2 - Honolulu Marathon decadent, depraved

Reactions: 5 people

It goes to show you many people in this life in positions of authority aren't there because they know what they're doing. They married the right daughter, their dads were buddies, connections mean more...it just means more.

Reactions: 1 person
Seems like one of those "this is your brain on drugs" moments.

RIP Hunter S. Thompson.

It goes to show you many people in this life in positions of authority aren't there because they know what they're doing. They married the right daughter, their dads were buddies, connections mean more...it just means more.

Not only that, but many move up because they are willing to move or stay on the move so their performance doesn’t catch up with them.

VN Store

Back