We’re #1 in Something....

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
Tennessee led the nation in 2017 with 58 starts lost due to injury or suspensions. :thud:

Butch Effect.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
All this stuff that fills preseason mags doesn't mean anything until we start winning... #1 in injuries last two years, killing it in recruiting, new $1MM+ weight room, shinny new coaching staff. I guess if we didn't have the injuries, we'd have done better...but then again, we'd more than likely still be on the "Brick by Brick" program. Seems we're on a better path now, but we'll see.

Reactions: 2 people
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Nah, we still got that voodoo curse on us from LSU in 2007. Cajuns don't play around.

2001!

I still say it goes back to 1999 when UT got rid of the orange V O L S signs at the top of the stadium and replaced the white goalpost pads with orange ones. Just sayin'!

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know if you were one of them... but I had a lot of people here attack me for saying that the 3 and then 4 year pattern of excessive injuries related to Jones' scheme, S&C philosophy, player rotation, player development, player selection, and techniques.

If it happens for a year then you can claim it is just an aberration. When it happens every year (ending promising careers in the process) then you MUST look at the coach. That's ESPECIALLY TRUE when the coach claims to have done an assessment an found nothing that needs to be changed as Jones did.

Reactions: 10 people
I don't know if you were one of them... but I had a lot of people here attack me for saying that the 3 and then 4 year pattern of excessive injuries related to Jones' scheme, S&C philosophy, player rotation, player development, player selection, and techniques.

If it happens for a year then you can claim it is just an aberration. When it happens every year (ending promising careers in the process) then you MUST look at the coach. That's ESPECIALLY TRUE when the coach claims to have done an assessment an found nothing that needs to be changed as Jones did.

Agree.

2001!

I still say it goes back to 1999 when UT got rid of the orange V O L S signs at the top of the stadium and replaced the white goalpost pads with orange ones. Just sayin'!

Bring back the signs. I want to hang from the goalpost too.

Qx9RQ9r.jpg

College sports are getting ridiculous...it's to the point that you can't leave your football team to get and keep themselves in shape...this is in no way Butch's fault.

Reactions: 1 person
Haven’t read the article but it was probably 55 due to injury and 3 due to suspension.

VN Store

Back