John Ward Legend of the Game video

John Ward was Tennessee Football.

Indeed. In my mind, he’s the most iconic figure in Tennessee football and University of Tennessee history. Bigger than Neyland, Summitt, Manning, etc, etc. If there’s ever a UT Mt Rushmore, you immediately put Ward on there and then debate the other 3. Jmo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Indeed. In my mind, he’s the best iconic figure in Tennessee football and University of Tennessee history. Bigger than Neyland, Summitt, Manning, etc, etc. If there’s ever a UT Mt Rushmore, you immediately put Ward on there and then debate the other 3. Jmo.

This all day long!!

Indeed. In my mind, he’s the best iconic figure in Tennessee football and University of Tennessee history. Bigger than Neyland, Summitt, Manning, etc, etc. If there’s ever a UT Mt Rushmore, you immediately put Ward on there and then debate the other 3. Jmo.

I agree wholeheartedly with this!

The hair on my arms have not settled yet. The moisture at the corner of my eyes has not cleared yet. The memories of "Mr. Tennessee Football" will never wain.
Last night as I watched the news, I wondered what could be done to honor this man for the long term. I know the press box bears his name; not good enough for us regular fans. How about just before kick off (I mean just before the hand of the kicker drops or as the ref blows the whistle, pipe "Its football time in Tennessee" through the PA system....

It saddens me that I was to young to remember John, as I was only 4 when he retired. The dude had a voice that you won’t forget that’s for sure. There won’t be another one like him. Rest easy big John.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back