John Ward helmet sticker? Jersey patch? PAGING DEERPARK

GiveEmSix

What will be done to honor Ward this year? Deerpark, any possibility of a helmet sticker or jersey patch?
Would love to see this happen!

Reactions: 11 people
What will be done to honor Ward this year? Deerpark, any possibility of a helmet sticker or jersey patch?

Has to be something. He has meant way to much to the University for all these years!

I would like to see one or the other.

:good!:

Reactions: 1 person

Sure they will do something. They honored him at halftime a couple of years ago also which was very moving.

No doubt that will also happen again as they did with Bobby Denton.

They'll do something, but it was just announced a couple of hours ago. There is no way they have started thinking about it yet. Give it some time. Coach Fulmer will take care of it.

Reactions: 17 people
I was watching a replay on youtube of John Ward calling the Tennessee Kentucky basketball game from 1975. JW was a great football announcer, but anyone who ever listened to him call a basketball game knows he was without peer in that sport, too! No one used his signature "bottom" to describe a made shot in hoops. Plus his description of the action was so spot on. That is the sport I have the most memories of him, especially in the King/Grunfeld era.

Reactions: 11 people
I was watching a replay on youtube of John Ward calling the Tennessee Kentucky basketball game from 1975. JW was a great football announcer, but anyone who ever listened to him call a basketball game knows he was without peer in that sport, too! No one used his signature "bottom" to describe a made shot in hoops. Plus his description of the action was so spot on. That is the sport I have the most memories of him, especially in the King/Grunfeld era.

Ward cut his teeth calling Basketball games. He was the best without a doubt. He will certainly be missed.

Reactions: 3 people
He was so excellent at football and basketball that he should be Honored for both sports.

I like the idea of a Orange Basketball beside a Orange football.

Inside the Basketball are his initials...JW.

Inside the football are GH6 for Give Him 6!

JW GH6 is just him all over.

He'll be missed but never forgotten!

THANK YOU for all the great memories and God bless you JW!

VFL...GBO!!!

John was way too unassuming to have wanted something like a statue. Does the press box already have a name? If not that would seem fitting

VN Store

Back