Anyone have link to John Ward..

OrngeJuiceJones

During a game last year he was on the field being honored as some of his greatest calls were playing on the PA? He was definitely emotional as was every one in attendance.

Reactions: 3 people
Can't find anything anywhere on YouTube or Twitter that I can embed here, so that link will have to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
This isn't from that particular game but it has his greatest play calls.. very interesting.. just trying to help..

Tennessee Football - John Ward Announcer - Greatest Play Calls - YouTube

post_thanks.gif
x 1,000,000!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That was the orange and white game in April. Not Vandy. I was there. They said over the PA that he had just recovered from an illness, or had been hospitalized.

Legends of the game is usually during the regular season. In hindsight (and this is pure speculation), I would say that the powers that be at UT knew he wouldn’t make it to the regular season, and looking at the emotion on his face, I think he knew it was his last time in Neyland stadium.

I didn’t grasp all of that at the moment, and if I had- I would have shamelessly shed tears.

Edit. Maybe that was the vampy game. I swear I saw him at the o&w game too. Either way his love of UT is so sincerely demonstrated by this clip. It’s amazing a man can have such a personal relationship with so many. He is a big part of my life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back