What are your favorite John Ward calls of all time?

FL Failed Kick - YouTube

This one sticks in my memory. We were in the car on the way to Gatlinburg and stuck in traffic, wound up listening to Ward the entire game. Right before Florida was set to kick and tie the game by father exclaimed “I hate this game!” Then we heard Ward announce “No Sir Ree” and my father shouted “I love this game!”

Rip John

In basketball..."He stops. He pops. Goooooooood!"

In football, it's one of his few mistakes...the Miracle at South Bend. Somehow his call summed up the whole game.

And let's not forget, "The national champion is clad in big orange!"

“The kick is up, the kick is....Good. No it is no good, IT IS NO Good! It is no good. It is no good. Tennessee beats Notre Dame 35-34. The volunteers go home victorious.”

Agree! A mistake that somehow sounded poetic. A true talent.

Post links to YouTube/audio if you can.

98 National Championship and Miracle at South Bend come to mind, along with the 98 Florida game.

All of em.....literally all of them Freak.

One memory in particular stands out though, and it wasn’t even the actual game. He was leading into the Vols running through the T, he was the describing the atmosphere and excitement in the stadium during the 1990 homecoming game.....it was so descriptive, so impassioned, it was just amazing. No one else could do it like he could, truly a God-given gift.

VN Store

Back