Neyland still a little rusty

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
I relocated my seats this year, and dropped in there to take a few photos see the view from the new spot.
There is a lot of painting going on, so perhaps they will get to this.

I was a little stunned at the extent of the rust up in the east upper deck. Looks like it's been like this for more than a season, and hints of neglect.

Lots of salty tears in the stadium last season.. Maybe that's it?

Attachments

• rust1.jpg
    rust1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 113
  • rust2.jpg
    rust2.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: 8 people
I agree. It seems like an extravagance in a sense the newest 340 million renovation but the stadium sincerely needs it. I sat on the East side last season for the first time in a long time and was shocked how bad that side has become. The bathrooms look like they are from the 50s and are pretty nasty.

I agree. It seems like an extravagance in a sense the newest 340 million renovation but the stadium sincerely needs it. I sat on the East side last season for the first time in a long time and was shocked how bad that side has become. The bathrooms look like they are from the 50s and are pretty nasty.

I sat on the East side for the O&W game this spring, and had the same observation. It is shocking how run-down that part of the stadium is.

I've always been surprised when visitors say Neyland's not at all impressive, aside from being pretty loud. I came to understand after the O&W game.

Definitely needs some work on that side.

I actually miss the pig slop trough urinals on the lower west side. So much more efficient.

Reactions: 1 person
No lie, when I was there in the 90's some of the frat guys would take Pyridium, the urinary anti-inflammatory that turns your urine orange. I asked who they thought would see their urine and they responded with the troughs. Since you see everyone's urine they thought it would look cool if they pee'd orange. College kids can be a little strange at times.

Reactions: 6 people
I relocated my seats this year, and dropped in there to take a few photos see the view from the new spot.
There is a lot of painting going on, so perhaps they will get to this.

I was a little stunned at the extent of the rust up in the east upper deck. Looks like it's been like this for more than a season, and hints of neglect.

Lots of salty tears in the stadium last season.. Maybe that's it?

Those salty tears are probably the equivalent of a long Winter in Buffalo. Rust never sleeps.

Old girl has needed some work for years. Hopefully they will incorporate the brick work around the entire stadium. Gate 21 looks great.

To the David Lee Murphy tune: There might be a little rust on the Neyland. But dont let it fool bought whats inside. There might be a little rust on the Neyland. But its one of those things that gets sweeter with time.

Reactions: 2 people
I actually miss the pig slop trough urinals on the lower west side. So much more efficient.

Well perhaps you've been wearing long pants to the games.... If you're wearing shorts then you would have noticed droplets splattering all over your legs... NOT GOOD! lol

don't go asking for too much or else they'll raise the price of the donation over there

don't go asking for too much or else they'll raise the price of the donation over there

Good point. I won't tell anyone that AA, BB, EE and FF are pretty good bargains at $100 per seat. Of course, you'll need antiperspirant and lots of sunscreen until late October. Better hydrate too. God that last UF game, people dropping like flies. (and I ask myself, how often, really, do flies drop?)

I find it interesting that you can sit in BB, R5, seat 32, for $100 per seat donation, and reach across the aisle and shake hands with the guy in CC, R5, seat 01 and he pays $500 per seat. Of course this is not a negative statement, there has to be a boundary on these locations, and am just pointing one out.

VN Store

Back