Phil Steele & SEC 1st Teamers

Is there a sports writer that DOES NOT Hate Us?!?! :blink:

Has he ever heard of Trey Smith??

200-96.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
If he plays I'm sure Smith will make a team that counts. Hard to put him on the 1st team when he's not yet cleared to play

Reactions: 6 people
There should be sooooo much locker room bulletin board material to make our players dig really deep and play their best. If they need motivation, plenty to go around. With better coaching and some luck healing the injured, I believe we are going to surprise the nation with more wins than expected.

Reactions: 3 people
Come on, we went 0-8 last year.

Let's win some SEC games first, then we cab b*tch about being slighted.

That's a valid observation for our team, Hill Man. And if we were talking about team rankings, it would make sense.

But when a fella puts together an all-SEC, all-American, all-anything list, he's looking at the best individuals.

And a team's record in any given season is a really poor indicator of individual capabilities.

No, I think OGF and PJ are closer to the right track: Steele must be wondering if Trey Smith will be cleared to play. The only alternative is that he just flat-out goofed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Well, he did only list 10 players on O and only 4 OL including the center. Could be an oversight.

Reactions: 3 people
There should be sooooo much locker room bulletin board material to make our players dig really deep and play their best. If they need motivation, plenty to go around. With better coaching and some luck healing the injured, I believe we are going to surprise the nation with more wins than expected.

I think our players were motivated. Just misguided. Our new AD should be able to keep them on the right path. Same goes for our new HC&Staff.

I can't name a UT player I would put on any All Preseason list. I hope there are several on the All Postseason list.

And not all writers hate UT......maybe just the fans who won't let 1997 Heisman voting go.

See "UT Hill Man"
Win first
It's everything Pruitt could hope for so far
Vols against the everybody
Nobody thinks you can win
Keeps team motivated and hungry and coachable

I think Pruitt has potential but anyone that doesn't think it's going to be a long climb out of this pit is fooling themselves.

Butch stumbled into some dynamic playmakers that even he couldn't screw up, but the lines on both sides are weak and thin and will take 2-3 cycles to rebuild.

I can't name a UT player I would put on any All Preseason list. I hope there are several on the All Postseason list.

And not all writers hate UT......maybe just the fans who won't let 1997 Heisman voting go.

I’m interested in his FCS Mag as well this year.

So the team picked to win the east division has zero selections on the first team offense. yet the team picked fourth has two picks. :crazy:

Why get worked up over someones opinion. It's like an azzhole everyone has one.

Exactly,you or I could name All SEC teams and it would mean ad much. Yes,I know he does this for a living but it's still just an opinion in the preseason. These things never have bothered me either way.

This kind of pre-season publication is about as insane as one last year predicting something stupid like us going 4-8 and winless in the SEC. Imagine the fallout if PS had called that in Summer 2017. :eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
His playoff picks seem...lazy. I don’t what it is about it but they do. 2 of those 4 teams prob be in there, maybe 3.

But seems lazy and unimaginative.

One only needs to look no further than the RB picks to see how big of a joke this list is. Benny Snell over guys like Swift? Please.

I dont have a problem with no UT players on the list. We are the worst team in the SEC until proven otherwise. There is a lot of uncertainty with Smith. When he does return will he still be as dominant? We really dont know.

Couldn’t possibly care less about having no players on the PRE-season list. What’s important is having a handful of guys on the All-SEC teams after the season.

VN Store

Back