2649 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Give me the starting OL Page 7. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 06-16-2018, 10:48 AM   #91
Volfan2012

Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
Richmond
Smith
Kennedy
Hall
Tatum
J. Johnson
Carvin
Brooks
R. Johnson
Calbert
Locklear
Niehaus

Let us hope we can get an efficient eight out of these because this is where we'll either be a lot better than expected or 13th like many predict.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #92
SoMissVol

Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfan2012 View Post
Richmond
Smith
Kennedy
Hall
Tatum
J. Johnson
Carvin
Brooks
R. Johnson
Calbert
Locklear
Niehaus

Let us hope we can get an efficient eight out of these because this is where we'll either be a lot better than expected or 13th like many predict.
There is definitely 8 in there. Niehaus and Brooks are probably the only guys that need to rethink things.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 02:11 PM   #93
MSME Vol

Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
New redshirt rule also means Antonutti and Lane could see action in the three easier non conference games if they come in strong enough.

It's not much, but it does allow us to rest and possibly prevent injury to the currently key pieces.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 02:13 PM   #94
governmentmule

Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLVOL_79 View Post
Hmm..if this OL can gel UT can probably make it to 6 wins this season.
hmm is it to early for a way to early thread picking the number of wins ?

the doldrums of summer are upon us

as all ways Go Lady Vols
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #95
orangebloodgmc

Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMissVol View Post
There is definitely 8 in there. Niehaus and Brooks are probably the only guys that need to rethink things.
Maybe let's not suggest any of these guys "rethink things" as we went thru some guys on the OL last season and were desperate for the next best ones to be there to step up. I hope that never happens again, but you never know.
Old 06-16-2018, 05:43 PM   #96
Roustabout

Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan_28 View Post
Hall is definitely a guard, but Id put Smith at tackle and Johnson at guard. Tatum is a liability IMO. Too weak.
Prepare to be proven wrong
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 05:45 PM   #97
Roustabout

Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMissVol View Post
Niehaus will be fine. Brooks has no business on Oline.

The overall numbers show Oline is NOT the concern it was when Butch was fired. Sure, it needs work, but the parts are there to put up an adequate line.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 09:04 PM   #98
Darth_Shiveman
Probably Being Facetious

Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL Give me the starting OL
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan_28 View Post
Hall is definitely a guard, but Id put Smith at tackle and Johnson at guard. Tatum is a liability IMO. Too weak.
Tatums gotten bigger, but he wasnt moving that well in the spring game and didnt seem much stronger. Hes still got a long way to go to be a serviceable OT for us.

Theyll definitely look at putting Richmond or Smith at RT in front of Tatum this fall. Only problem with Smith at OT is that then wed be looking at putting someone like Carvin or Locklear at one OG spot and ideally wed get both of those guys redshirts IMO.

If Hall really can come back healthy, he could slide into an OG spot and do well there IMO. But I just dont expect to see him get there health wise.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #99
orangebloodgmc

We have so many options at guard, a good problem to have, and it will be interesting seeing how the coaches sort it out.