2649 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Page 12. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2018, 12:53 AM   #166
ochocinco
Senior Member

Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Join Date: Oct 2009
Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Posts: 1,363
Likes: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL-82-JP View Post
Yeah, I really love this area, Dave.

I'm from Tullahoma, grew up there, so I love the small-town life. And we have four different kinds of small-town right around our house.

Lebanon is a farm community, with good, down-to-earth country folk.

Gallatin is a working-man's town, gritty and calloused. Folks there have earned their beer with dinner.

Hendersonville is like a big country club on the lake, town of lawyers and professionals commuting into Nashville.

And Mt Juliet is trendy, in vogue, a little quirky.

All within 10 miles of our front door. Absolutely love this part of the state.

Plus, it doesn't hurt to have everything Nashville offers within about a half hour.
Thatís a perfect description of sumner and Wilson county. I grew up just south of Lebanon and the Wilson county line in Walter hill
ochocinco is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 07:16 AM   #167
TennesseeTarheel
Senior Member
 
TennesseeTarheel's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2015
Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Posts: 1,169
Likes: 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL-82-JP View Post
Yeah, I really love this area, Dave.

I'm from Tullahoma, grew up there, so I love the small-town life. And we have four different kinds of small-town right around our house.

Lebanon is a farm community, with good, down-to-earth country folk.

Gallatin is a working-man's town, gritty and calloused. Folks there have earned their beer with dinner.

Hendersonville is like a big country club on the lake, town of lawyers and professionals commuting into Nashville.

And Mt Juliet is trendy, in vogue, a little quirky.

All within 10 miles of our front door. Absolutely love this part of the state.

Plus, it doesn't hurt to have everything Nashville offers within about a half hour.
From Tullahoma/Winchester myself. Don't forget three great lakes -Normany, Woods Reservoir, and the great Tims Ford lake for fishing, plus the Elk and Duck rivers for trout fishing. Man, what am I doing here in NC???
TennesseeTarheel is offline  
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 11:29 AM   #168
chargervol
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2014
Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Posts: 8,892
Likes: 13,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavinDave View Post
It is a cool field, there's a lot of areas where ChemE's are involved. My own career had a few twists and turns with jobs at both big and small companies mostly in chemicals & petrochemicals process engineering & production before I hooked up with BASF in 1987 where I worked in catalysts sales & tech service for more than 20 years. In 2010 when I turned 55 and became eligible for early retirement I stepped out on my own and have never looked back... have a look at my web site Catalyst Central - Delivering Catalytic Performance for a better idea what "we" do (and I use the plural though in truth my company is still essentially an "army of one"). We serve both industry and academia, with more than 100 universities on our customer list - they typically buy a few kg of catalyst and/or adsorbent at a time. Just got one more added to the list this week when Indiana University called wanting 50 kg of alumina beads (presumably for solvent drying) so I enlisted the wife to come out here yesterday and fill five pails with 10 kg each and drop off at FedEx. That's a typical day in my life nowadays, not a bad way to go, eh?

EDIT: Freak - are we allowed to mention/link our web site in here? or am I in line for a hand-slapping for that?
That's cool. I know Lisega out of Sevierville TN opened an office in Houston not long ago. Trying to gain more of the petrochemical market I believe. Have a friend that works there designing supports that allow for expansion.
With Coal dying and Nuclear on the decline, petrochem and anything cryogenic friendly, seem to be the best current markets. I believe BASF was their supplier for cryogenic. P.U.F.
chargervol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 02:57 PM   #169
RavinDave
UT Alum 1976

Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 702
Likes: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by chargervol View Post
That's cool. I know Lisega out of Sevierville TN opened an office in Houston not long ago. Trying to gain more of the petrochemical market I believe. Have a friend that works there designing supports that allow for expansion.
With Coal dying and Nuclear on the decline, petrochem and anything cryogenic friendly, seem to be the best current markets. I believe BASF was their supplier for cryogenic. P.U.F.
You bring back memories of Sunday drives to Sevierville as a kid. We had moved to Knoxville when I was 6 and in Sevierville there was a tourist trap with a black bear that would guzzle a chocolate drink from the bottle... keep in mind this was the early 60s and there wasn't much of anything between Sevierville and Gatlinburg. Back to the present, I am not familiar with Lisega but the boom in natural gas and LNG has certainly been good for the engineering business and the Houston area. My own "field" outside the niche in academia is basically focused on gas purification including nitrogen, argon, hydrogen, helium etc. and assisting projects for cleaning up "renewable" methane i.e. from landfills to where it can go into a NG pipeline.
RavinDave is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 03:04 PM   #170
RavinDave
UT Alum 1976

Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Texas
Posts: 702
Likes: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeTarheel View Post
From Tullahoma/Winchester myself. Don't forget three great lakes -Normany, Woods Reservoir, and the great Tims Ford lake for fishing, plus the Elk and Duck rivers for trout fishing. Man, what am I doing here in NC???
I hear ya Tarheel... along those lines, WTH am I doing in Texas?
RavinDave is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 06-17-2018, 04:28 PM   #171
VFL-82-JP
Bleedin' Orange...
 
VFL-82-JP's Avatar

Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Join Date: Jan 2015
Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 12,464
Likes: 21,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeTarheel View Post
From Tullahoma/Winchester myself. Don't forget three great lakes -Normany, Woods Reservoir, and the great Tims Ford lake for fishing, plus the Elk and Duck rivers for trout fishing. Man, what am I doing here in NC???
Yeah, super nice down there. And that part of Tennessee has its own quadrangle kind of thing going on.

Manchester is a farm town, a lot like Lebanon. Their high school we typically called "Hamburger U" because so many graduates go on to careers at fine fast food drive-through windows.

Tullahoma is the wind tunnel town, all high-tech and super-secret with the Air Force research facility. And great Wildcats football teams, as you mentioned earlier.

Shelbyville is land of the beady-eyed people, kind of a spooky town, not far from Chapel Hill (TN) and its ghost light on the railroad, along with Eagleville and its ghost police cruiser. And the witch that supposedly lived in Normandy when we were teenagers.

Winchester and Estill Springs are kind of the lake towns; lot of great hunting and fishing around there.

And as a mini-extra, Lynchburg is, of course, Jack Daniels. And a dry county, heh. Paradox.

Another awesome part of the state.
__________________
Call me JP / Go Vols!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
"We're all one race, and that's the human race." -- Diamond and Silk
VFL-82-JP is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM   #172
Henry Letham
OpenMindOpensEyes
 
Henry Letham's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 108
Likes: 94
Lol. Lot of back patting in this thread.
Henry Letham is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 02:44 AM   #173
checkerboards09
Just win baby
 
checkerboards09's Avatar

Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Join Date: May 2009
Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 9,875
Likes: 6,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL-82-JP View Post
Yeah, super nice down there. And that part of Tennessee has its own quadrangle kind of thing going on.

Manchester is a farm town, a lot like Lebanon. Their high school we typically called "Hamburger U" because so many graduates go on to careers at fine fast food drive-through windows.

Tullahoma is the wind tunnel town, all high-tech and super-secret with the Air Force research facility. And great Wildcats football teams, as you mentioned earlier.

Shelbyville is land of the beady-eyed people, kind of a spooky town, not far from Chapel Hill (TN) and its ghost light on the railroad, along with Eagleville and its ghost police cruiser. And the witch that supposedly lived in Normandy when we were teenagers.

Winchester and Estill Springs are kind of the lake towns; lot of great hunting and fishing around there.

And as a mini-extra, Lynchburg is, of course, Jack Daniels. And a dry county, heh. Paradox.

Another awesome part of the state.
Iím from the same area, born and raised in Manchester, but live in Tullahoma. The people in Tullahoma are no better than the people in Manchester, thatís a fact. Tullahoma just happens to be centrally located in this part of southern middle Tennessee, doesnít make them better by any means. Manchester is still the county seat of Coffee County, king of the roost.
checkerboards09 is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM   #174
VFL-82-JP
Bleedin' Orange...
 
VFL-82-JP's Avatar

Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Join Date: Jan 2015
Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 12,464
Likes: 21,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkerboards09 View Post
Iím from the same area, born and raised in Manchester, but live in Tullahoma. The people in Tullahoma are no better than the people in Manchester, thatís a fact. Tullahoma just happens to be centrally located in this part of southern middle Tennessee, doesnít make them better by any means. Manchester is still the county seat of Coffee County, king of the roost.
Heh, no worries, man, only joke about Manchester because I love the place as a pop warner and high school team rival (don't remember competing against Manchester schools in junior high, for some reason).

And, you guys have Bonaroo!
__________________
Call me JP / Go Vols!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
"We're all one race, and that's the human race." -- Diamond and Silk
VFL-82-JP is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM   #175
Remy
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2007
Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,824
Likes: 4,802
Good grief checking each other's wang sizes over Tullahoma and Manchester? Really? Really? Really. <smdh>
Remy is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM   #176
Dallasbowlin
Senior Member
 
Dallasbowlin's Avatar

Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Join Date: Mar 2013
Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy Tennessee adds Bama grad transfer Brandon Kennedy
Posts: 17,061
Likes: 5,494
Nice
http://www.volnation.com/forum/attac...1&d=1529323841
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 534C8303-7D54-4AC8-818B-EFEBBF93C94F.jpeg (21.7 KB, 16 views)
Dallasbowlin is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.