Pruitt is 'Cruiting Like Heck!

DiderotsGhost

This might get thrown over in the recruiting forum, but feel like's it's a pretty good general Football forum post:

Number 1 Athlete in 2019 Class Visiting Vols

For Crouch, this marks the third time in 2018 he’s visited Tennessee. He paid the Vols a visit on January 13th and came back to campus again on March 24th .... The only other school Crouch has visited more than once this year is Clemson, and he’s been there twice.

But it's not merely Crouch. We're also in on 5-star OL Darnell Wright.

Steve Wiltfong, the Director of Recruiting for 247Sports, said last month that he thinks the Vols are early leaders for both Crouch and five-star offensive tackle Darnell Wright in the 2019 class. And if you want to get even more excited, Crouch posted a video of himself working out in Tennessee shorts on Twitter in mid-May as well.

Then there's also this:

Vols get visit from 5-star Linebacker

He was supposed to visit Tennessee last month, but those plans didn’t pan out. But according to an interview with Rivals, he’s expected to be on campus next week in Knoxville.

According to the 247Sports Composite rankings, To’oto’o is a five-star recruit and is the No. 33 overall player and No. 2 outside linebacker in the 2019 class. Jeremy Pruitt and his staff offered To’oto’o back on Christmas of 2017, and the talented linebacker also holds offers from Alabama, USC, UCLA, Michigan, Florida, Texas A&M, and others.

Long story, short --- we're in on some very good talent. Hoping Pruitt et al can hit a few home runs here.

Reactions: 37 people
Long story, short --- we're in on some very good talent. Hoping Pruitt et al can hit a few home runs here.

Yes sir!
I believe he's a finisher. He said Tennessee will be at the very top in 2019 recruiting rankings. Enrolling those type of 5 star recruits will go a long way in doing what's needed (which is leapfrogging Georgia) to finish at the very top.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Yes sir!
I believe he's a finisher. He said Tennessee will be at the very top in 2019 recruiting rankings. Enrolling those type of 5 star recruits will go a long way in doing what's needed (which is leap-frogging Georgia) to finish at the very top.

Good lord I hope you're right

Reactions: 2 people
My ex boss who is now retired lives just a few blocks from De La Salle, sent his kids there, a big booster. He's also a UCLA grad as well. There's a few schools out West that just produce D1 players on the regular. If a kid in football is highly rated/ranked out of De La Salle, Mater Dei, Orange Lutheran, San Pedro, Long Beach Poly, Mira Costa, Mission Viejo, or Bishop Gorman he's good. The last time I saw De La Salle play they were calling Tootoo's name a lot, he's a hoss for a hs player, I'd be tickled if we can pull him in!

Pruitt has been National Recruiter of the Year at two different schools (bama and FSU). Ya gotta believe he knows how to get some talent. Good to see we are going for top talent instead of "being realistic about who we think we could get". For a team that was 4-8 last year, its crazy that we are even getting visits.

I'm wondering if Crouch or Wright thought Quay Walker's little stunt was cute and want to toy with Tennessee.

Sorry, I'm a little bitter and wary after that one. Good luck to Walker though, break a leg kid.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm wondering if Crouch or Wright thought Quay Walker's little stunt was cute and want to toy with Tennessee.

Sorry, I'm a little bitter and wary after that one. Good luck to Walker though, break a leg kid.

Maybe that little stunt will provoke some form of better performance motivation for this team, and that we're moving beyond the point where we'll not see anymore of those little stunts for some years to come.

Reactions: 1 person
"And if you want to get even more excited, Crouch posted a video of himself working out in Tennessee shorts on Twitter in mid-May as well."

I Do, I Do!!!

Reactions: 1 person
i think it's pretty amazing what he's done to THIS roster in just 7 months for the 2018 season. it's hard not to to be excited about what the roster may look like in a couple years.

Reactions: 3 people
Will have to show some real improvement this year to keep those level recruits listening

eh. Pruitt has been brutally honest about what this year may look like on the field when he's talking to recruits. sure, that's something all these prospects will see, and keep an eye on. but to pruitt's credit, he's not over promising on that front.

i think this team needs to avoid embarrassment (41-0 home losses to anyone, sub .500 record) and be competitive. go to a bowl. move on to the future.

and if we win a game, or two, that maybe we aren't supposed to, then great, i'll take the gravy on top.

6 or 7 wins, and avoid getting your doors blown off. i don't think anyone expects us to line up and just beat the likes of GA, Bama or Auburn. i think everyone expects us to beat ETSU, CHarlotte and whoever the other cupcake ooc team is. it's the other 6 games. win 3-4 of those.

we're good.

Reactions: 5 people
Pruitt has been National Recruiter of the Year at two different schools (bama and FSU). Ya gotta believe he knows how to get some talent. Good to see we are going for top talent instead of "being realistic about who we think we could get". For a team that was 4-8 last year, its crazy that we are even getting visits.

The main reason we went 4-8 last year is gone and with CP's reputation, recruits are willing to listen again. I'm loving the new upswing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back