2018 Record

KingGenius

I don't care what the media wind bags predict.
If Butch can win 9 win seasons, Pruitt can his first go.
I think 9 wins is obtainable, 10 and we are cookin with peanut oil. 9 is my bar.
8 wins acceptable, but we can win more, below my expectations.
7 and below, I don't think it is happening you negaVol sheep. Funny how everyone takes another opinion and runs with it.
Losses last season? Yeah, the team quit on Butch, as they should have. He was a joke, a tool, turkey and the team knows what football looks like now. Trained by the best. Yeah quite probably the best top to bottom coaching staff.
Nigel Warrior is going to go on a rampage.
9 wins.

Reactions: 11 people
I think 9 wins is obtainable, 10 and we are cookin with peanut oil. 9 is my bar.
7 and below, I don't think it is happening you negaVol sheep. Funny how everyone takes another opinion and runs with it.
Losses last season? Yeah, the team quit on Butch, as they should have. He was a joke, a tool, turkey and the team knows what football looks like now. Trained by the best. Yeah quite probably the best top to bottom coaching staff.
9 wins.

OD? Is that you?

Reactions: 3 people
6-6 and its a good year
7-5 and Pruitt should be in the convo for SEC coach of the year
8 or 9 wins? Now we are talking about college football coach of the year.

My money is on 7-6.

Reactions: 2 people
9 wins.

Huh...I didn't realize that there's a transitive relationship between Butch Jones and Jeremy Pruitt.

Someone should probably let Pruitt know before the season starts.

I want to think 8-4 this year...but honestly, anything between 5-7 and 9-3 wouldn't surprise me. But 8-4 would be cool.

Next year: 9-3. Outside chance at the East, but UGa would have to have a surprisingly dismal season.

In Atlanta for sure by 2020. And from that point out, we're swinging for the fences every season, in perpetuity.

That's what it'll look like if CJP is the right fella.

Reactions: 4 people
Beat our cupcakes = 3 wins
KY Vandy Mizzou = 3 wins

West Virginia, Florida, and South Carolina are toss ups imo. We prob win one of those, two if breaks go our way.

So 6-8 regular season wins in my two cents.

Reactions: 8 people
So, we take a team that barely won 4 games last year...

subtract the only proven playmaker on offense, our best defensive back, our best linemen (in a very shallow pool), the better passer of our mediocre QB rotation...

our only real stud OL has some sort of medical condition that might end his career...

we are counting on a grad transfer QB who wasn't good enough to start at his Alma mater...

And our head coach has never held such a position.

SOUNDS LIKE 10 WINS TO ME!!!!

Rocky Top! Woo!

Reactions: 18 people
Beat our cupcakes = 3 wins
KY Vandy Mizzou = 3 wins

West Virginia, Florida, and South Carolina are toss ups imo. We prob win one of those, two if breaks go our way.

So 6-8 regular season wins in my two cents.
That's what I'm thinking as well.

So, we take a team that barely won 4 games last year...

subtract the only proven playmaker on offense, our best defensive back, our best linemen (in a very shallow pool), the better passer of our mediocre QB rotation...

our only real stud OL has some sort of medical condition that might end his career...

we are counting on a grad transfer QB who wasn't good enough to start at his Alma mater...

And our head coach has never held such a position.

SOUNDS LIKE 10 WINS TO ME!!!!

Rocky Top! Woo!

This cuts both ways though. We also barely lost 8 games. Florida beat us on a Hail Mary, USCjr game came down to 1 play, and we lost to KY by a field goal.

I really think most fans don't realize how poorly developed, conditioned, and coached that 2017 team was. Also add in the fact that everyone knew the writing was on the wall for Butch and players are going to quit out there.

Pruitt won't win 10 games next season, but I also highly doubt he loses 8.

If this team wins 8 or more it won't be just because of the new staff it will be because the chemistry of the team has changed. Attitudes about themselves, their teammates, how they approach their assignments on everything they do.

Seeing how they play against WVU will give us a good idea of what we're in for all season, IMO.

Week 1 is always fluky though. Great example is GT last year. UT scored 42(!!) points and then struggled all year to put up anything else.

The FL game will likely tell us more.

I’m going with 6-6, or maybe 7-5. Anything more than that and Pruitt’s probably going to end up being here for awhile (Assuming it continues).

Beating Fla and making it to a bowl is what I'm hoping for in 2018. I believe both a very doable, and Pruitt can earn years of goodwill from the fans by beating the Gators on his first try.

VN Store

Back