Trey Smith Listed as No. 1 OT in College Football

Isn’t it pretty consistent in the NFL tackles are higher paid than guards? I’m sure he’s considering that.

Not wanting to be a wet blanket, but has he been cleared to play this season yet?

Not wanting to be a wet blanket, but has he been cleared to play this season yet?

I don't know if he has been cleared but I read something the other day saying he was still working out at his position during summer training. So, I'd assume he is either cleared or almost cleared.

Not bad for a guy who only played a few games at that position

Yeah I don't mind him at Tackle just hope we have some guards in there that can split the NG and DTs so we have running room in the middle.

Last year when they moved Trey to tackle we lost our up the middle ability. Because the guards couldn't split the NG and DTs to open up a running lane.

Still wait and see. He can work out but seems limited. I don’t think they know one way or the other right now.[/QUOTE

Either I have missed it or has it ever been explained what the hell is wrong with him. Is it a medical issue or some injury that happened in the past. Does anyone know. We hear "work outs seem to be limited" is it limping, weak ability, heat related sluggishness,, WHAT??? (someone has a pretty good idea, how bout it Jackson guys speak up!)

He hasn't been officially cleared yet, but Pruitt said last month that he's been in the weight room like every day of the offseason along with everyone else. At this rate, I think he'll be cleared. And he only played at OT for the last three games last year and already is considered one of/THE best at the position?

God, this kid is exceptional.

Reactions: 1 person
Saban clearly has a time machine he utilizes for recruiting. What else could explain them landing "Alex Leatherhead"....

Reactions: 2 people
and yet, not selected to SEC first team preseason.....:birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle:

Reactions: 2 people
and yet, not selected to SEC first team preseason.....:birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle::birgits_giggle:

I’m pretty sure he was.

He hasn't been officially cleared yet, but Pruitt said last month that he's been in the weight room like every day of the offseason along with everyone else. At this rate, I think he'll be cleared. And he only played at OT for the last three games last year and already is considered one of/THE best at the position?

God, this kid is exceptional.

“In the weight room” could imply he’s just there supporting the team during their workouts. I know that sounds negative but coach speak is always present.

I don’t know what his health issue is. I thought someone mentioned blood clot which is pretty serious.

“In the weight room” could imply he’s just there supporting the team during their workouts. I know that sounds negative but coach speak is always present.

I don’t know what his health issue is. I thought someone mentioned blood clot which is pretty serious.

it was never confirmed. but that's what many believe. they never officially released the actual issue, at family request.

he's apparently been progressing fine, and last i remember hearing/reading around the time spring ball ended, is that the outlook for his future was good.

He's playing guard right?

he did last year. seems likely he moves to tackle this season. of course, that may depend on if Hall comes back healthy, then you could have Richmond and Hall as your tackles, Smith at LG, Kennedy (if he's here @ Center). forget who'd be the other guard. i'm sure Carvin will work his way in the rotation.

Either I have missed it or has it ever been explained what the hell is wrong with him. Is it a medical issue or some injury that happened in the past. Does anyone know. We hear "work outs seem to be limited" is it limping, weak ability, heat related sluggishness,, WHAT??? (someone has a pretty good idea, how bout it Jackson guys speak up!)

Non football related medical issue from what I remember.

VN Store

Back