Athlon sports ranks Pruitt 13th among SEC coaches

They got it right. Let’s not anoint him king yet. I hope he’s “the one,” but after our last 3 coaching hires I’m in a “show me” mood. I’m out of patience with this program.

Reactions: 14 people
That is a performance rating on how they think the teams will rank at the final bell. They want to pat themselves on the back, and are generating words that fit the narrative.

Don't strike me as deep thinkers, but good at looking through the rear view mirror and saying that the future will be the same as the past.

Reactions: 2 people
He hasn't coached a game yet as a HC. He may be better than most, then again he may crash and burn.

Agreed 100%, but after hearing him for the last few months, I don’t see him failing. The man is driven. IMO, he will succeed as a head coach.

Reactions: 1 person
What does it matter (right now) if he is ranked 1st or 14th. Let the talking heads keep selling the coach and the team short. "He who laughs last, laughs best."

Reactions: 1 person
So Moorehead doesnt have anywhere near the credentials of Pruitt, is also a first year HC and is somehow ranked above guys that are proven HC in the SEC? This is a complete joke.

Reactions: 7 people
Last time Tennessee was ranked 13th at anything in the preseason, it was the basketball team. Worked out pretty well for us. Fingers crossed that football program has similar results for CJP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
So Moorehead doesnt have anywhere near the credentials of Pruitt, is also a first year HC and is somehow ranked above guys that are proven HC in the SEC? This is a complete joke.

Although I get your sentiment and generally agree BOT, Moorhead has been a head coach before....2012-15 at Fordham, went 38-13.

Reactions: 3 people
Last time Tennessee was ranked 13th at anything in the preseason, it was the basketball team. Worked out pretty well for us. Fingers crossed that football program has similar results for CJP.

Woohoo. Came to post the same thing. We should be in ATL vs Arkansas I guess. I would say stupid media is making another meaningless piece based on little more than nothing. But, someone clicked on it, then posted it and dozens are going there to make the ads pay off. Maybe they're not as stupid as I think. :ermm:

How do you figure?...I am surprised he isn't lower...Unproven as a head coach so until he proves it he doesn't deserve it.

He may be unproven as a HC but he is the best DC in the game. Also his staff from head to toe is more proven than any other not from bamer. Chris Weinke is the closest thing to an unproven assistant on the staff because he is coaching RBs instead of QBs.

He has already ranked high on recruiting and ethics and straight shooting with team.

Would you honestly rather have Odom, Luke, Mason, or even Morris?

Who cares what their opinion is in June? We'll know pretty well in five months. "Til then I've got the US Open and seeing if Tiger makes the cut, Tennis to see if Roger has another one or two left, and The World Cup hoping the hooligans don't kill someone. Athlon's opinion is way down the line.

Ok, give this guy a break, a good coach would have to demonstrate success, coach at a high level against nationally ranked teams, maybe have a couple of NC rings, embarrass other schools on the field..........oh...wait a minute :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back