What are our CB Options heading into the fall?

cHiZzLeVOL

Who Knows?
I think the starters will be Shawn Shamburber / Kenneth George Jr.

Just looking for thoughts and opinions on this matter.

I won't disagree with that at all. However, don't think that he lays the wood like George.
No, I think George will hit you like a book being thrown at you at a 100 mph. It is interesting to think that we do have a transfer to step in and play quickly, and shut down that side.

No, I think George will hit you like a book being thrown at you at a 100 mph. It is interesting to think that we do have a transfer to step in and play quickly, and shut down that side.

Heck maybe it's Shamburger that loses a spot to Taylor.... He showed he has the ability to contribute somewhere immediately. Lol... Those spots are so wide open IMHO

Do any of you guys feel good about CBs this upcoming season?

I feel good about Kenneth George Jr. only because ive seen footage of him playing lockdown corner and coming up and making hits on guys at or behind the line of scrimmage.

Other than that I'd have to say it's a toss up for a second lockdown corner.

I feel good about Kenneth George Jr. only because ive seen footage of him playing lockdown corner and coming up and making hits on guys at or behind the line of scrimmage.

Other than that I'd have to say it's a toss up for a second lockdown corner.

Maybe better coaching will improve the position.

Reactions: 4 people
Heck maybe it's Shamburger that loses a spot to Taylor.... He showed he has the ability to contribute somewhere immediately. Lol... Those spots are so wide open IMHO
Didnt Shamburger show us something in the Alabama game? I think his name was really known to us after that. He had some nice tackles, played hard, and his name was announced several times.

Reactions: 1 person
Didnt Shamburger show us something in the Alabama game? I think his name was really known to us after that. He had some nice tackles, played hard, and his name was announced several times.

I like Shamburger as a corner that's why I said Shamburger and Kenneth George.

Was just trying to look at your Alontae outlook as well. It's a hard call but I don't think we'll be able to afford to keep George off the field. So I believe the other spot is Shamburgers to lose.

shamburger i think will be the nickel. Osborne and Buchanan will both see time outside as well.

Reactions: 3 people
Really you guys don't think Kenneth George will win a starting spot?

hard to say. he's going to be behind the 8 ball from both a reps and s&c standpoint. i think he was a depth guy from the get go, that also brings some experience.

i mean, he comes in fall camp and balls out, sure, he could.

but i don't know that i'd call it right now.

i think you look at buchanan and osborne probably having the inside track just because of experience. and both should get better tbh.

labruzza and shamburger are both talented, but may be better suited, physically, at safety/nickel. though i'm not 100% certain what the plan is with Labruzza.

taylor feels like a guy that will fit in there at CB at some level too. Flowers, possibly as well.

with the needs we have, and the limited options, i'd say your options are any of these guys mentioned. but no, i wouldn't say George starts right now.

hard to say. he's going to be behind the 8 ball from both a reps and s&c standpoint. i think he was a depth guy from the get go, that also brings some experience.

i mean, he comes in fall camp and balls out, sure, he could.

but i don't know that i'd call it right now.

i think you look at buchanan and osborne probably having the inside track just because of experience. and both should get better tbh.

labruzza and shamburger are both talented, but may be better suited, physically, at safety/nickel. though i'm not 100% certain what the plan is with Labruzza.

taylor feels like a guy that will fit in there at CB at some level too. Flowers, possibly as well.

with the needs we have, and the limited options, i'd say your options are any of these guys mentioned. but no, i wouldn't say George starts right now.

That's a nice take and I don't honestly know if Labruzza is back to 100% see he is still working out and playing with that leg brace on. Assuming that's going to be a permanent thing?

VN Store

Back