As a fan base, will we like FL or GA?

Dougie_D

I'm only considering these schools because

A: they are in our conference
B: they attract similar talent/recruiting
C: fan base is very passionate

Florida hired a DC, never been a HC before to take the realms in 2011 after Urban Meyers. Muschamp got fired within his 4th season because of losing too many games.

Georgia hired a DC, never been a HC before to take the realms in 2016 after Mark Richt. Kirby smart is in his 3rd year and took his team to the NC game in his 2nd year.

So my question is... Tennessee hired a DC, never been a HC before to take the realms now. Was Butch Jones an Urban Meyer? No... Was he a Mark Richt? Not sure?..

So, what should our expectations be realistically to give Pruitt?

Last edited:
95c3dddce54d670adfc672db1103f000.jpg

Reactions: 22 people
Somewhere in between. UGA already had tons of talent on their roster when Smart took over. Assuming Pruitt and staff > Muschamp, we should be better in a couple years. Muschamp at UF only focused on D. Pruitt has a pretty good O philosophy w/ power running game and down field passing...differing from Muschamp trying to bring back glory days of Tebow spread offense.

Reactions: 2 people
What in the heck kind of thread/question is this.....

No true UT fan would like either of those schools..... So.....

Case closed?

Reactions: 6 people
Proofreading before hitting "post" is your friend, Dougie. :)

We're not gonna be like either of them. We're gonna be our own program, go our own way, forge our own path. We're gonna be like the Tennessee Volunteers. Wherever we go this season and the next few, it will be uniquely our own.

Now, if you're asking whether CJP and Co. will be successful at Tennessee, all of us (minus the trolls and visitors) are fervently hoping so. More in the direction of a Georgia outcome than a Florida one. Time will tell.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 6 people
Proofreading before hitting "post" is your friend, Dougie. :)

We're not gonna be like either of them. We're gonna be our own program, go our own way, forge our own path. We're gonna be like the Tennessee Volunteers. Wherever we go this season and the next few, it will be uniquely our own.

Now, if you're asking whether CJP and Co. will be successful at Tennessee, all of us (minus the trolls and visitors) are fervently hoping so. More in the direction of a Georgia outcome than a Florida one. Time will tell.

Go Vols!

/thread

Reactions: 2 people
I'm only considering these schools because

A: they are in our conference
B: they attract similar talent/recruiting
C: fan base is very passionate

Florida hired a DC, never been a HC before to take the realms in 2011 after Urban Meyers. Muschamp got fired within his 4th season because of losing too many games.

Georgia hired a DC, never been a HC before to take the realms in 2016 after Mark Richt. Kirby smart is in his 3rd year and took his team to the NC game in his 2nd year.

So my question is... Tennessee hired a DC, never been a HC before to take the realms now. Was Butch Jones an Urban Meyer? No... Was he a Mark Richt? Not sure?..

So, what should our expectations be realistically to give Pruitt?

CBJ was definitely not Mark Richt that is for sure. Dougie CJP's success depends on how well the offense does IMO. We all know Pruitt knows how to coach Defense but is Helton the right guy to lead the Offense? That is the big question. Mushchamp's shortcomings at UF were on the offensive side of the ball not defense. Smart at UGA is a great defensive coach who hired a terrific offensive mind in Jim Chaney. Chaney leading the offense has paid huge dividends. If our offense is successful, then I expect UT to have success similar to UGA long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I am guessing/hoping that CJP can build a better juggernaut than Mullen at Florida. Smart and GA on the other hand, may be the real challenge in the next decade. We may come to hate the Dawgs much more than the Gators in years ahead.

Would have to think long and hard about this question. Go out back and vomit. Then pick whichever one is playing Bammer that week.

I hate GA.. EVERYTHING about them.. Always have... Always will.

Hate EVERYTHING about them, eh? Well now, guess we better send those Georgia recruits back to Georgia, you say? They ain't welcome at UT, you say? Careful how you phrase stuff, Biohazard, players and parents might take your words to heart and it cost us big time. Sure, I understand what you mean but critical thinking isn't taught in a lot of schools these days so some folks might read such stuff wrong. be careful now. Go ahead and cuss me out though you know I'm right.

VN Store

Back