Jeremy Pruitt Interview on The Swain Event

Volgrad98

Give my all for the VOLS
SIAP. Here's CP talking with Swain.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6-wiXWGPxQ[/youtube]

Reactions: 3 people
SIAP. Here's CP talking with Swain.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6-wiXWGPxQ[/youtube]

Thought it was interesting that JP said that his wife is heavily involved in recruiting. “She can look at film and tell who the real players are. She knows how important having good players is.”

I know that a current recruits’ mom on a recent visit said that Casey Pruitt (Jeremy’s wife) was part of the reason why she felt so comfortable in Knoxville.

Reactions: 9 people
That was a painful interview. I quit when Swain brought up having a close assistant. Thought he was talking about CJP's new assistant, but, he swerved into wives. After the debacle with the salary, and new cousins, and all, I had to quit.

I thought it interesting Pruitt said they weren't switching totally to a 3-4 defense. That from time to time they would play in a 4-3.

That was a painful interview. I quit when Swain brought up having a close assistant. Thought he was talking about CJP's new assistant, but, he swerved into wives. After the debacle with the salary, and new cousins, and all, I had to quit.

I don't care how he does interviews. I care about how well he does on the field and in the homes of recruits.

Reactions: 5 people

Swain doesn't give good interview. Is that what you meant?

Reactions: 2 people
I thought it interesting Pruitt said they weren't switching totally to a 3-4 defense. That from time to time they would play in a 4-3.

Same as Bama and as the Patriots. It’s not a true 4-3...just a flexible 3-4 with the edgers lined up tighter.

I thought the interview was fine. The most striking thing about these interviews is just how often the coach has to answer a question that he has already answered numerous times in previous interviews. At least Swain tried to interject some originality into this one.

I did think Pruitt's answer about his wife was pretty funny. I can only imagine the hell Butch would have gotten if he had ever suggested that his wife was involved in the recruiting process, much less that she was the team's #1 recruiter. People here would still be making cracks about it to this day.

I’m not surprised his defenses at FSU and Georgia were very situational and often switched from the 3-4 to 4-3. They get in the 3-4 when they want to rush the passer with the outside backers. If you watch the Orange and White Game they are very multiple and line up in both defenses.

Pruitt has been saying that about 3-4 4-3 every time anyone will listen since hired. 3-4 is the "base" D. But situations determine which scheme is played on the field. Some teams will warrant more 4-3. Some more 3-4. Some nickel etc.

It's the fans who have perpetuated the "big scheme switch". As usual most of us have no clue how it all works and the ghosts of Sunseri pop up from time to time.

Pruitt has been saying that about 3-4 4-3 every time anyone will listen since hired. 3-4 is the "base" D. But situations determine which scheme is played on the field. Some teams will warrant more 4-3. Some more 3-4. Some nickel etc.

It's the fans who have perpetuated the "big scheme switch". As usual most of us have no clue how it all works and the ghosts of Sunseri pop up from time to time.

Very true. He stated against some teams the type of guys they will have on the field Tennessee will have to mostly be in a 4-3 look. Those were Pruitt's words.

Guess people don't listen. 4-3 vs 3-4 is really just a personnel match up decision (covering the right number of guys) with the right kind of guys.

Yes, the questions. Not the responses. Sorry I wasn't clear.

Agreed. I dont know why interviewers feel the need to "break the ice" with pointless nonsensical questions. I love Swain's show but he seemed totally ill-prepared for this interview. He could've asked so many more relevant questions.

Critics like you kill me on here. Why don’t you interview Pruitt yourself? Most critics like you would probably stammer and stutter through the interview or pee their pants.

Critics like you kill me on here. Why don’t you interview Pruitt yourself? Most critics like you would probably stammer and stutter through the interview or pee their pants.

LOL whatever. We are not professional members of the media. What's Swain's excuse? I would've at least been better prepared for the interview with more pertinent questions lined up to ask and not waste Pruitt's, nor the listener's time with nonsensical topics such as bald heads, asparagus, and corn bread. Like I said, huge supporter of Swain. Dedicated listener to his show. But that interview was complete amateur hour.

Reactions: 3 people
“We’re going to be multiple.” -Derek Dooley

*shudder*

But it's probably what will be during Pruitt's tenure and if it's not, this season will definitely be multiple.

It's a great defense if you have the personnel. If you think about it, we kind of do have the right personnel because we recruited mostly 4-3. So there's some that can transition over and now we are recruiting those fit for the 3-4.

I thought the interview was fine. The most striking thing about these interviews is just how often the coach has to answer a question that he has already answered numerous times in previous interviews. At least Swain tried to interject some originality into this one.

I did think Pruitt's answer about his wife was pretty funny. I can only imagine the hell Butch would have gotten if he had ever suggested that his wife was involved in the recruiting process, much less that she was the team's #1 recruiter. People here would still be making cracks about it to this day.

Butch would not have gotten any crap on here about his wife recruiting before he coached a game. It was only after he proved to be a cliche ridden, chart following, non coaching fool that he would have gotten laughed at for mentioning his wife as a recruiter, because that was the only thing we gave him credit for after we found out he couldn't coach.

Like I said, huge supporter of Swain. Dedicated listener to his show. But that interview was complete amateur hour.

Yep.

giphy.gif

LOL whatever. We are not professional members of the media. What's Swain's excuse? I would've at least been better prepared for the interview with more pertinent questions lined up to ask and not waste Pruitt's, nor the listener's time with nonsensical topics such as bald heads, asparagus, and corn bread. Like I said, huge supporter of Swain. Dedicated listener to his show. But that interview was complete amateur hour.

Well said. Now, I need to go change my drawers.

Most teams are multiple now. For instance, Bama does 3-4-4 and a 3-3-5 as well as some 4-3. Same for Ga, expect the same from Pruitt. Mostly, the 3 down lineman stay the same with the occasional change on 3rd down, and that normally goes with the nickel.

I couldn't disagree more with some of the folks on this thread saying that Swain gives a bad interview. He's a former player. He knows that, Pruitt knows that. He's going to approach the interview from a different perspective. Not every person in the media has to be adversarial and just like any relationship, it starts with a joke or a personal story, and then develops over time.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back