Guarantano confident and all the guys is enjoying working with Pruitt

"All the guys are loving the Downhill run game and Getting under Center"!!!

Thank the Lord!!
:rock::rock:

Reactions: 13 people
That's a well-written article.

Certainly puts paid to any heavy mouth-breathing over a tweet about missing New Jersey.

Reactions: 4 people
Who was the reporter who "made" that tweet famous? We need to keep record of this stuff.

So does this mean he holds the ball less in his deer in headlights drop back or what?

Reactions: 7 people
So does this mean he holds the ball less in his deer in headlights drop back or what?
I’m sure with Helton working with him he might get better at throwing the ball quicker, instead of holding it that long. I also noticed in the spring game that he had gotten a lot quicker running the football with his legs.

Reactions: 8 people
We all know the rap on Butch and not developing players. Butch was focussed on the guy dating his permanent houseguest. Maybe this is the time when JG gets his due and is able to let his talents shine. Go Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Confidence comes when you're comfortable you know what you're doing and can do it well.

If Jarrett is expressing greater confidence, that means he understands his role more fully. The college game is "slowing down" for him because he knows what's supposed to be going on around him...his brain can ignore a lot of the sensory input as "normal" and focus on what's different...which includes the keys he's meant to make decisions with, such as whether a receiver has single-man coverage, or whether the weak side linebacker is crashing down, etc.

So yes, the fact that he's expressing greater confidence is a good indicator that he's going to be able to make his reads faster, and will be able to pull the trigger quicker. Which means fewer sacks, less "deer in the headlights," etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16 people
I've never doubted the ability of JG, but I never saw "it" about him last year. I'm hoping it was all on Butch, and he's completely different this fall. He's definitely talented, but it never got going last year. Obviously the line wasn't great, but hopefully it's better now.

Reactions: 5 people
I've never doubted the ability of JG, but I never saw "it" about him last year. I'm hoping it was all on Butch, and he's completely different this fall. He's definitely talented, but it never got going last year. Obviously the line wasn't great, but hopefully it's better now.

Line should at least be improved, no doubt JG was tossed into a terrible situation. Maturity, coaching and OL, if the guy has "it", he could really shine this year.

Reactions: 7 people

Yep, the "it" was more deer in headlights. But, fair enough, I'm not sure who wouldn't be like that in first starting season behind no blocking and "hold my beer" offensive coordinator. I'm really pulling for JG to shine, and think he has the ability.

Reactions: 1 person

And here we go.....started to post this yesterday but knew that the JG sucks crap would soon follow so I refrained.

I wanna see this kid explode this year for two reasons....1. So that the Vols will be great and 2. So that he’ll shut up all the yahoos that take every opportunity to slam him, even when one really doesn’t exist.

Reactions: 13 people
Sounds like the guys are enjoying actually being coached. Whatta ya know?
Something new on rocky top’ huh? It has been no drama in three months with this staff. Everything has been under the table with hardly no news coming out much on anything. Well! Maybe, a little.:hi:

Yep, the "it" was more deer in headlights. But, fair enough, I'm not sure who wouldn't be like that in first starting season behind no blocking and "hold my beer" offensive coordinator. I'm really pulling for JG to shine, and think he has the ability.

No doubt the entire situation he was in was horrible for a young qb. I think the ability is there, and hope these coaches get it out of him.

Holding onto the ball long was also a bad product of our WRs poor ability to run proper routes and get open. Their coaching was horrendous. So horrendous I don’t even know the fool’s name.

Reactions: 1 person

or maybe

zap_who.jpg

VN Store

Back