Grad Transfer rule no more!!!

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
Per multiple outlets, the grad transfer rule has now been changed and intra-conference grad transfers can now play immediately, without a waiver.

This opens the way for Brandon Kennedy to come to UT (or Auburn). Here's hoping!

See also: [thread]292209[/thread]

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Who's reporting that, Max? Have a link to any of the outlets?

And did you mean intra-conference transfers? Because inter-conference transfers were always allowed.

(intra = inside, within ... inter = between)

Reactions: 4 people
I just did a Google search and OP's post is being confirmed all over Twitter.

Per multiple outlets, the grad transfer rule has now been changed and inter-conference grad transfers can now play immediately, without a waiver.

This opens the way for Brandon Kennedy to come to UT (or Auburn). Here's hoping!

See also: [thread]292209[/thread]

I want to rub this in Bruinvols face

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

And did you mean intra-conference transfers? Because inter-conference transfers were always allowed.

Your "Have a link to any of the outlets?" is my command.

[twitter]1002611568587223040[/twitter]
[twitter]1002613221256302603[/twitter]
[twitter]1002614431036203008[/twitter]
[twitter]1002616504247050245[/twitter]
[twitter]1002617111355838464[/twitter]

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 people

I was debating which one to use when I posted...fixed, thanks!

We may celebrate this now, but I can see it biting us in the arse in the future

I think a lot of us here think it's the right thing to do as a principle: a young person graduates, they should be free to move to any other school without sitting out a year.

For those who feel that way, it can never "come back and bite us in the butt," because it's the right thing whether the player is incoming or outgoing. Right?

Reactions: 13 people
I think a lot of us here think it's the right thing to do as a principle: a young person graduates, they should be free to move to any other school without sitting out a year.

For those who feel that way, it can never "come back and bite us in the butt," because it's the right thing whether the player is incoming or outgoing. Right?

100% Agree

I thought most were worried about DKjr transferring to North Carolina. This won't change anything if those speculations were true.

I agree, 100%. If I was a college athlete, I would want the freedom to do the same.

It's going to be interesting to watch how SEC schools encourage early graduation going forward. On the road to a good education, it may be a little harder to find the passing lane.

It's going to be interesting to watch how SEC schools encourage early graduation going forward. On the road to a good education, it may be a little harder to find the passing lane.

If by that enigmatic wording you mean that some schools, like Bama, will be slimy in how they handle the academics of student-athletes to keep from losing them to other schools as players, then you might be right.

Took a Bama to think of it here, that's for sure.

Reactions: 3 people
If by that enigmatic wording you mean that some schools, like Bama, will be slimy in how they handle the academics of student-athletes to keep from losing them to other schools as players, then you might be right.

Took a Bama to think of it here, that's for sure.

Well, don't be mad, I'm sure you would have come up with it in time.

Well, don't be mad, I'm sure you would have come up with it in time.

That's the thing. I don't think I would've. Values and all.

You're enjoying being clever, and underhanded. I'm happy not to be.

p.s. Come to think of it, maybe that's one of the big differences between our fan bases. That and us having more than twice as many teeth per person. :)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back