Pruitt Expects Chryst to Provide Lift to Team

Reactions: 2 people
I don't see Chryst immediately starting myself. My opinion is he could, but he won't. Pruitt used the term lift, not tote, not carry, not lead this edition of the Vols. I think he would have used stronger language if he thought Chryst would show up and start, I'm not hearing that from him.

Reactions: 2 people
Someone else in another thread said it best, he's probably not the best QB on the roster but not the worst. Much depends on chemistry between QB's and the o linemen, receivers and backs. Do they like him on a personal level? Does he inspire trust? Does he cause them to have confidence in the offense?

Reactions: 1 person
Pruitt said, “because we have a young football team, so we only have nine seniors."

Well boys. Whatta y'all think about that? :)

It's always good to have veteran guys to set a good example and help the younger guys out like Pruitt said. I doubt he plays much unless there is an injury or blowout. He will still be able to contribute though.

Well according to that Athlon article, some anonymous SEC coach thinks JG is not good at all. So KC should win the job with ease. Personally, I think both get significant snaps due to injuries by the other. Heck it behind this OL,Shrout could be starting the SCjr game.

Pruitt said, “because we have a young football team, so we only have nine seniors."

If he mentions that none of our players have ever played a neutral site game on the first day of September in 90° heat against a big 12 opponent coming off an 8-5 season we might be in trouble.

Reactions: 3 people
just a umbrella statement to a superfluous question...what's he gonna say..."we're grabbing at straws"?...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Well according to that Athlon article, some anonymous SEC coach thinks JG is not good at all. So KC should win the job with ease. Personally, I think both get significant snaps due to injuries by the other. Heck it behind this OL,Shrout could be starting the SCjr game.

That anonymous coach was Pruitt

I think you should include the whole quote

“Based off his age, his experience, he has some wisdom, so that will probably help him in preparation, and I think it will be good for our football team,” Pruitt said, “because we have a young football team, so we only have nine seniors.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't. I think he will provide great leadership and be a stabilizing influence but think JG is the starter unless he gets hurt.

This. And I mentioned it in another thread but I want to mention it here as well because I'm an attention whore who wants everyone to give me an e-pat on the back when it comes to fruition, but I think Guarantano is in the process of making a giant leap forward in his development. He is getting SEC-caliber coaching for the first time and it showed in the spring game.

It reminds me of the Crompton situation when Kiffin got here... highly rated QB who hadn't lived up to expectations. Good coach comes in and makes a world of difference. I'm expecting a breakout season from JG.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Competition is a great thing and I expect Chryst and JG to push one another which will definitely benefit whomever starts.

I honestly don't know who will come out on top. JG is a capable QB, but he just hasn't shown the ability to take over a game and win it. Perhaps with quality coaching, he will develop into that kind of QB

I certainly don't think Chryst's experience and maturity level will hurt the cause whether he starts or not. Heck, we'll probably be a game or three into the season before a consistent starter emerges anyhow.

VN Store

Back