Pruitt gets edgy about recruiting

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
Reactions: 17 people
Not trying to be that dude, but weren't we all pissy that Butch wasn't a straight-shooter or honest? So we like that again?

Reactions: 9 people
He can do no wrong!

Sure he can, and it seems you can't wait until he does.

With the exception of one or two here, all of us wanted Butch gone before he was. I don't remember Pruitt being mentioned on anyone's list, until we heard he was on Fulmers. I do remember several saying "anyone is better than Butch"

Well, Butch is gone and and no one here got their choice, so forgive me for not having any sympathy for you. Schtick is old.

All that said, I'm liking Pruitt more every day and once again, I'm excited for a new season with a lot of "New" all over the place. Do what you want, obviously you will, but I'm gonna enjoy all of it.

Reactions: 31 people
Not trying to be that dude, but weren't we all pissy that Butch wasn't a straight-shooter or honest? So we like that again?

There’s no similarity whatsoever between JP and Lyle, none. Lyle was a lying, word-parsing, carnival barker who only spoke in platitudes, was never comfortable in his own skin.

None of that remotely describes Pruitt.

Reactions: 8 people
Sure he can, and it seems you can't wait until he does.

With the exception of one or two here, all of us wanted Butch gone before he was. I don't remember Pruitt being mentioned on anyone's list, until we heard he was on Fulmers. I do remember several saying "anyone is better than Butch"

Well, Butch is gone and and no one here got their choice, so forgive me for not having any sympathy for you. Schtick is old.

All that said, I'm liking Pruitt more every day and once again, I'm excited for a new season with a lot of "New" all over the place. Do what you want, obviously you will, but I'm gonna enjoy all of it.
:clap:

Reactions: 6 people
Under required reading...

1. Look both ways before posting. Please take a moment to scan the first page of the forum to see if a similar discussion exists before starting a new thread. Also, please don't start a new thread for every thought that pops into your head.

I'm sure this will get removed like my prior comment. Nice knowing y'all I guess....

It doesn't bother me. Its very easy to overlook anything I'm not interested in.

Reactions: 2 people

Pruitt is nothing like CBJ.

Butch kissed everyone’s a$$ and made promises that he couldn’t keep.

Pruitt will tell you the truth straight up whether it offends you or not.

Reactions: 3 people
Ya never can tell with this stuff but CJP seems to understand that nothing much matters except winning and he seem to be keeping his head down and focused on doing what he thinks that requires. Some would say winning the media game is important for recruiting but somehow I think I will trust the 2x National Recruiter of the Year (done at diff schools no less) to know what is needed for recruiting.

Granted, a DC doesnt have to concern themselves about media and overall butt kissing like a head coach does but it is likely Pruitt is following the Saban approach - i.e. give out nothing and focus on winning, then they all come to kiss YOUR butt.

Pruitt is nothing like CBJ.

Butch kissed everyone’s a$$ and made promises that he couldn’t keep.

Pruitt will tell you the truth straight up whether it offends you or not.

Or not, per the article. I'm not comparing the two; Butch was a clown. But I'm not sold on Pruitt yet either. We just don't know, he's never been a head coach.

All coaches omit the truth when needed. As far as PR goes, Pruitt is a massive upgrade to me, not so much in what he says but the fact that he doesn't say much.

Give me a coach that says little and wins games. Hope he is that dude.

What coach likes to provide any info about recruiting strategy related to their FB team?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
If I had it my way, I’d keep quiet about everything. This coach gets it, and he is turning the tide against the media. I don’t think we are the laughing stock anymore.
Thanks to Phillip Fulmer, he has put a stop that none sense.

He can do what he wants. If we succeed in recruiting nobody will really care. If we recruit poorly his "edgy" style won't matter.

Anybody can see how recruiting is going by using the player average as a guiding point instead of total recruits. Butch was around 87 to 88 every season. Right now Pruitt is 90.38 which is number 10 of all the teams this recruiting cycle.
If he can keep it over 90 and even higher like 91 will be a best year in over a decade. I'd like us to end around 92 which would probably give us third in the conference behind Bama and Georgia. Right now Bama is at 94 and Georgia an unheard of 95 so we have to pull in a talented class to compete with those two.

So he is "edgy" when you have some d*ckhead ask him a stupid question? Lets go ahead and say that was not edgy. That was him being pissed with some idiots stupid question. He took it as a person attack and I have no issues with his "edgy" response. I like that fact that he has a no nonsense philosophy. He wants to win and wants to do it immediately. So he expects to be recruiting well. I like his high expectations.

VN Store

Back