No excuse for a Gators loss in 2018

Jack Burton

We’re gonna melt faces, like in Raiders
I’ve come around. You guys have me convinced. There’s no excuse for a Gators loss in 2018. Let’s look at the evidence.

According to VolNation:

1) We have equal to or greater talent than UF
2) Pruitt is the better coach because the majority here would rather have him over Mullen
3) Obvious home field advantage
4) Gonna get corched up
5) Gonna punch ‘em in the mouff
6) Gonna play outta our minds
7) Cause Tony Burnhard sez so

Now the question is do we win by 2 touchdowns or 3?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I’ve come around. You guys have me convinced. There’s no excuse for a Gators loss in 2018. Let’s look at the evidence.

According to VolNation:

2) Pruitt is the better coach because the majority here would rather have him over Mullen
4) Gonna get corched up

We have tons on issues on both sides of the ball and we have a bottom half talent on roster in the SEC...Can we win... of course but put down the orange kool aid

Reactions: 1 person
We will beat Florida this year. This team will shock everybody. 9-3 season is my prediction. Biggest win of the year is going to be on the road at Auburn.

Reactions: 9 people
"No excuse for a Gators loss in 2018"

UF is saying the exact same thing about us because we were even worse than them in 2017. Both teams have deficiencies they have to overcome. We get them at home but that typically does not matter. I am pretty sure Mullen will have at least average to above average QB play given his track record of developing QBs.

We have tons on issues on both sides of the ball and we have a bottom half talent on roster in the SEC...Can we win... of course but put down the orange kool aid

Yea, Mr. Meoff is trolling with this post, but he is right that there is no excuse. Well, except for the fact that we're 7-25 since 76. Not sure we can overcome that.

Reactions: 4 people
You guys have lost your minds if you think we will beat the Gators this year. Our talent level is above theirs but our recruits have not been coached up. Mullen is a better coach than Pruitt is at this point, he has a PROVEN track record. Pruitt may be the better coach eventually but there is a learning curve to every job.

Reactions: 2 people
You guys have lost your minds if you think we will beat the Gators this year. Our talent level is above theirs but our recruits have not been coached up. Mullen is a better coach than Pruitt is at this point, he has a PROVEN track record. Pruitt may be the better coach eventually but there is a learning curve to every job.

I would give UF the edge due to the series W/L record over the past couple of decades but DM is inheriting a 4-7 squad. This is not a definite loss at all.

Last edited:
This thread brings up an interesting question and possibly a good office pool bet. When do people think we get our first SEC win under Pruitt. Here is the list in order:

Florida
UGA
Auburn
Bama
SCAR
Kentucky
Missouri
Vandy

I will be an optimist and say South Carolina even though they have high expectations this year.

*corched
*corch
*corch
*done gone went and proved

This thread brings up an interesting question and possibly a good office pool bet. When do people think we get our first SEC win under Pruitt. Here is the list in order:

Florida
UGA
Auburn
Bama
SCAR
Kentucky
Missouri
Vandy

I will be an optimist and say South Carolina even though they have high expectations this year.

That really is a fun question, Hawkeye.

Florida? 40% chance.
UGa? very unlikely.
Barn? maybe 10-15% chance, mainly because of scheduling disparity.
Bama? very unlikely (hate saying that, as always).
USCe? 40% chance.

So by the USCe game, cumulative chance is well over 90%. That's likely the latest. Could it go to Kentucky? About as unlikely as us beating Bama.

Will almost certainly happen with the Florida or USCe game.

According to VolNation:

4) Gonna get corched up

That’s some serious sarcastic ish you’re throwing out.....not taking the bait.

Reactions: 2 people
We wont beat UF because reasons. If we happen to win, victory snow cones for everyone on McDad.

VN Store

Back