Firing Davenport, UT done Curry a favor?

Witch Doctor say lets be real, neither should have been hired. ($$$$ out the window, again) Witch Doctor say nice gig. get hired, work a couple months (both) then get paid to stay home

BNL

Reactions: 15 people
It's like the administration at UT as a whole has almost no concept of how to be and act as a professional.

Do you sit on twitter and the news all day looking to fill up VN with garbage threads or with information not even worth discussing? I pull up VN and you have 4 threads started....... you need a job or a second job, or a hobby. IDK just saying
Got a job, and no I pull up important stuff, when I have a break from the computer. I do a lot of research. Important debatable threads. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Do you sit on twitter and the news all day looking to fill up VN with garbage threads or with information not even worth discussing? I pull up VN and you have 4 threads started....... you need a job or a second job, or a hobby. IDK just saying
Believe me when I say there is a whole lot more that I could find important. There is a lot more out there that affects UT than you actually know that needs to be debated, but I don’t see anything wrong putting it up, so posters will know what is going on in the football, administration, and the recruiting world. Posters say they are bored, because it is the off-season, so let’s try not to have a bored offseason. Let’s keep it moving until kickoff.:hi:

Reactions: 3 people
It's like the administration at UT as a whole has almost no concept of how to be and act as a professional.
It’s not that...just money can corrupt almost anything and Tennessee sports is definitely one of them.

Last edited:
Title of the thread reminds me of the Southern way of using 4 verbs when 1 would do: "that feller done gone went and did it."

Reactions: 2 people
Adams was pretty right on with his assessment.

Hamilton with sidekick Currie fired Fulmer!

How long do you think it would take a man to forget that?

When Fulmer did not get the AD job, then DPietro hired him to be in his ear!

Beverly did not hire Fulmer when he wanted the job! Maybe he remembered that!

Whose agenda was Phil pursuing when Currie and Davenpoort were trying to hire a coach! Wouldn't you have liked to have been a fly on the wall? That would have been interesting!

Phil and his buddy De Pietro finally axed Beverly so the overthrow was complete.

I still remember when Hamilton and Currie fired Phil for his failure to keep up! And I wholeheartedly agreed it was time for him to go!

How we can be fed this steady stream of BS and sit silently by is beyond me.

I think we would have been a lot better off with Currie and Mike Leach than Phil and Pruitt.

All I wanted was a football team I could watch and root for and think they had a chance to win.

When Auburn hires Lane Kiffin, I'll go root for the Tigers.

Reactions: 1 person
<previous post>

So, to summarize:

You do like the coach who stayed here just long enough to get the NCAA looking hard at us, then left for his "dream job";

You do not like the coach who brought us 152 wins over 16 years, along with 2 SEC titles and a national championship;

You do like Hamilton and Currie;

You do not like Fulmer.

Did I get that right?

Reactions: 10 people
Witch Doctor say lets be real, neither should have been hired. ($$$$ out the window, again) Witch Doctor say nice gig. get hired, work a couple months (both) then get paid to stay home

BNL

Glad to see you posting again Witch Doctor. Says to me that things are going to get better. Happy Days

Reactions: 1 person
So, to summarize:

You do like the coach who stayed here just long enough to get the NCAA looking hard at us, then left for his "dream job";

You do not like the coach who brought us 152 wins over 16 years, along with 2 SEC titles and a national championship;

You do not like Fulmer.

Did I get that right?

Don't forget, he done gone and said he was gonna go cheer for the barn too.

Edit: I gave his post a like by mistake. *

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
So, to summarize:

You do not like Fulmer.

Did I get that right?

no

VN Store

Back