Bovada sets Tennessee's 2018 win total at 6.5

Seems a bit high. Glad to see it though.

I've been riding the "anything between 3 and 9 wins" line all off-season, and this is center of mass for that, just slightly high side.

But since spring camp, I've found myself thinking 3 or 4 wins is too low, very unlikely. Nothing to base that on other than the reputation of the coaching staff and their no-nonsense approach, but I just can't see us losing all of Vandy-Kentucky-Mizzou-South Carolina-West Virginia-Florida with these coaches.

So if 5 to 9 is the new range, 6.5 is still in the center, but now just slightly on the low side.

Here's hoping we play the over. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Gut check OD and Nation.

Whatever amount of money that would seriously hurt...(3 months mortgage payments?) and by winning you receive 3 million tax free.

Over/under 6.5

Reactions: 2 people
Seems a bit high. Glad to see it though.

Dude it’s 6.5 lmao

People are stuck on 4-8 last year. With a competent head coach we’re probably at least 8-4. Pruitt seems like a football coach. Call me crazy but I think we have enough talent that just needs coaching up in order to beat mediocre Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, Vandy and South Carolina teams. We probably won’t win all those games by any means. But give me 6-6 or 7–5 all day. 6.5 was the perfect number as 6-6 or 7-5 will most certainly be the result this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I’ll take the under. Doubt we see 7 or more wins with a garbage OL and new defensive scheme.

I've been riding the "anything between 3 and 9 wins" line all off-season, and this is center of mass for that, just slightly high side.

But since spring camp, I've found myself thinking 3 or 4 wins is too low, very unlikely. Nothing to base that on other than the reputation of the coaching staff and their no-nonsense approach, but I just can't see us losing all of Vandy-Kentucky-Mizzou-South Carolina-West Virginia-Florida with these coaches.

So if 5 to 9 is the new range, 6.5 is still in the center, but now just slightly on the low side.

Here's hoping we play the over. Go Vols!

If we end up at 3 or 4 wins either,

A. Pruitt is not ready (may never be) for this level

and or

B. Jones and the players he has left have created a deeper hole than anyone imagined.

I know for a fact there is a decent number of kids that don't fit here with Pruitt as the coach. (They may be fine elsewhere). And I don't expect them to stay around much longer.

I think UT is at 5 wins on the low side. While I expect Pruitt to be a much better football coach with a much better staff, he is still dealing with kids who have been coddled and poorly developed during their time here. The rest are 18 year FR who are not ready to lead a team. So while the coach will be better he's still gonna need some time to help those that remain shift to different approach and coach up the younger players.

If he is the coach many think he is, you will see the biggest tangible evidence of that in year 2.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Does this include bowl games or strictly regular season? I could see us getting our 7th win in a bowl.

This team is not that bad as what u think. The team will play with alot more intensity with this new coach. I see this team winning 8 games this season. With this new staff i dont see them losing to teams like Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy its going to be a different feel with this team. This team should beat UF and USC. Dont sleep on the upset over Auburn. Beat Auburn would make 9 wins.

We finish 9-3

This team is not that bad as what u think. The team will play with alot more intensity with this new coach. I see this team winning 8 games this season. With this new staff i dont see them losing to teams like Kentucky, Mizzou, and Vandy its going to be a different feel with this team. This team should beat UF and USC. Dont sleep on the upset over Auburn. Beat Auburn would make 9 wins.

We finish 9-3

Did Brandon have a good relationship with Butch?

Gut check OD and Nation.

Whatever amount of money that would seriously hurt...(3 months mortgage payments?) and by winning you receive 3 million tax free.

Over/under 6.5

This is getting interesting now. They are very positive about the team and I think they're gonna go for it.
:popcorn:

That sounds about right to me,6-7 wins is about all I guess will happen. It seems to be what a lot of people are guessing.

I'd take six wins and a bowl appearance and possible 7th win this year, and reserve judgement until next year.

It's going to take more than 6 months to build an actual offensive line, and fix the S&C issues of the last five years.

It's set exactly where it needs to be. There are 3 gimmes and 3 games that Tennessee probably "should" win.

6 to 7 wins is my expectation. I see us struggling bad early and finding an identity around early November.

In all seriousness the UF game will show hat kind of coach Pruitt has the potential to be. Can he beat a rival who is coming off just as bad as season as us with a 1st year HC as well at home? UF needs to be a W

In all seriousness the UF game will show hat kind of coach Pruitt has the potential to be. Can he beat a rival who is coming off just as bad as season as us with a 1st year HC as well at home? UF needs to be a W
Beating Florida on the first try would make him a folk hero to me and I'm only half joking.

exactly. They have just as many questions on offense as we do aswell as a bad Oline.

VN Store

Back