Guarantano's "big" arm

No doubt , you can’t have that high of a completion %, with that kind of pass protection, without a big arm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Nb4 Greazy posts that JG isn’t good enough to play on Reese Hall’s 4th floor east intramural flag football team.

Reactions: 19 people
Most QBs don't have a big arm when laying on their back 1.1 seconds after receiving the snap. We'll see if they can do anything to change that this season. If so, then maybe we'll have something to judge out of the young man.

Reactions: 8 people
Just how Big is his arm?:hi:

Was going to photoshop JG's head on this but I'm too lazy.

14273267276.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
In watching the spring game, were there any throws you saw from JG where you thought he showcased this big arm?

Reactions: 1 person
Wow. Whitfield is one of the most respected QB gurus there is and this endorsement is refreshing. Hopefully now with actual QB coaching and a decent OL, JG will be able to showcase the talent that made him one of the most coveted QBs coming out of HS.

Reactions: 14 people
In watching the spring game, were there any throws you saw from JG where you thought he showcased this big arm?

Was there any from last year? I don't remember his arm strength really being showcased last year.

Maybe he did make some long throws and I forgot. Of course, there's A lot to forget about from last year

No. He made some crisp, quick throws though. Behind this line we can't expect much out of him, especially since he doesn't have Dobbs' wheels.

Yes, absolutely. Threw a couple of skinny posts and/or deep seam routes where you thought “ok young buck, that’s a big time throw”....McElroy commented on a couple of them in the second half, when he was on the field behind the offense.

Reactions: 8 people
Was there any from last year? I don't remember his arm strength really being showcased last year.

Maybe he did make some long throws and I forgot. Of course, there's A lot to forget about from last year

39 yard gain the on deep in route to Brandon Williams on last drive vs SCar. Big time throw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Yes, absolutely. Threw a couple of skinny posts and/or deep seam routes where you thought “ok young buck, that’s a big time throw”....McElroy commented on a couple of them in the second half, when he was on the field behind the offense.

Remember about when they occurred? I'd like to find them in the video.

:hi:

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but I came away from the spring game with a very "meh" opinion of QB play. You are usually spot on though KB, so I'll wait with Freak.

LOL..people can come up with anything...
I remember the Punt, Pass, and Kick competions the NFL has or had for kids...I would say there were some strong arms in those competions too...
I don't care how far you can throw it or even how fast the ball gets there.
If you can't hit the moving target with the ball its no different than those Punt, Pass and Kick competitions....

My opinion is worth nothing but I really think if JG gets comfortable with an improved o line that will reasonably protect him, he'll dramatically improve his accuracy. JG strikes me as a streaky QB, as long as the play before was good the next will be better..confidence.

That throw, across the middle, against South Carolina was a big time throw that made me go:eek:hmy:. I think it was on that last drive.

VN Store

Back