Pruitt's staff impresses Phil

We're gaining momentum on recruiting trail, and starting to think they're getting their legs under them on putting together this class. They appear to be a cohesive group, which DOES matter, when it comes to team unity. Who knows, maybe we can win a few more than expected to start our climb this year...7 wins would be a great first year...though I know it's crazy to say that 7 wins is good for UT program.

Reactions: 5 people
Fixed your post! :blink:

Mr. Kiffin's arrival in Knoxville in December 2008 to replace longtime coach Phil Fulmer required UT to pay a total of $5.85 million to Mr. Fulmer and several of his assistants.

When Kiffin left we still owed his assistants and were on pace to pay them $3.5 million that year. That was the highest of any school in the country for assistant coaches, according to a survey by USA Today at the time.

After Dooley was fired we owed Dooley’s entire staff nearly $9.36 million in potential buyout money, including $645,000 guaranteed to Jim Chaney, who is now the offensive coordinator at Georgia.

Buyout payments for Jones and his coaching staff could total nearly $14 million, that is still to be determined.

Mr. Kiffin's arrival in Knoxville in December 2008 to replace longtime coach Phil Fulmer required UT to pay a total of $5.85 million to Mr. Fulmer and several of his assistants.

When Kiffin left we still owed his assistants and were on pace to pay them $3.5 million that year. That was the highest of any school in the country for assistant coaches, according to a survey by USA Today at the time.

After Dooley was fired we owed Dooley’s entire staff nearly $9.36 million in potential buyout money, including $645,000 guaranteed to Jim Chaney, who is now the offensive coordinator at Georgia.

Buyout payments for Jones and his coaching staff could total nearly $14 million, that is still to be determined.

That's why we got fans leaving in the third quarter all the time.

They must think they're going to get paid for bailing early.

Reactions: 15 people
At some point, Fulmer needs to back off and let it be all about Jeremy Pruitt, at least publicly. Even though everything Fulmer has said has been supportive of Pruitt, he doesn't need to comment on every aspect of Pruitt's program. He should remember that the wise, experienced Doug Dickey stepped out of the limelight and didn't pass public judgment on how the then-young Fulmer was recruiting, hiring and managing his staff, running his weight room, handling himself in press conferences, etc. Just let Pruitt be, and give him a couple of supporting statements after the season, or if times get tough.

I say all of that with the utmost respect for Fulmer...just my thoughts.

Reactions: 3 people
At some point, Fulmer needs to back off and let it be all about Jeremy Pruitt, at least publicly. Even though everything Fulmer has said has been supportive of Pruitt, he doesn't need to comment on every aspect of Pruitt's program. He should remember that the wise, experienced Doug Dickey stepped out of the limelight and didn't pass public judgment on how the then-young Fulmer was recruiting, hiring and managing his staff, running his weight room, handling himself in press conferences, etc. Just let Pruitt be, and give him a couple of supporting statements after the season, or if times get tough.

Just for context, wasn't he probably responding to a reporter question about that, possibly during the BOC stop.

Reactions: 3 people

I get where you are coming from, Coach Fulmer did benefit from a really good Athletic Director. I don’t have any insight, but CPF, at the time was a former football player, a OC and head coach at the very school he is an alumni. Coach Pruitt knows only what he heard about the Big Orange, it’s a culture and tradition that probably helps that there is someone, who happens to be your boss, to help you learn and hopefully understand the high expectations that are here, regardless the program has slid, CJP is learning and needs some guidance, who best, but a true VFL, to guide him. Time will tell if he can balance that.

VN Store

Back