2172 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Page 4. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 05-19-2018, 12:28 PM   #46
dduncan4163
Have at it Hoss

Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State
Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Volunteer View Post
My uncle used to have a goat on his property. He named it "Memphis" because of that very game.
I was there live and that entire game felt like a bad dream.
Old 05-19-2018, 12:31 PM   #47
dduncan4163
Have at it Hoss

Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State
Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State
Quote:
Originally Posted by snappervol View Post
We looked in slow motion much of the day, however, “the knee was down”
Yup, I was there and it seemed like our entire team had been up for 3 days straight. They were completely zoned out and sleepwalking even Manning
Old 05-19-2018, 05:18 PM   #48
VolBraniac
Big Member

Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahfan View Post
I also remember a game with UCLA (65 I think). Was one of the best of the last 1/2 of the century. Prothro(spelling) who coached for UCLA ( and was from Tennessee) said after the game that he would never come to Tennessee again.
The very day I became a VFL.

"UCLA got to midfield and Beban heaved one last pass that was intercepted by Tennessee's Bob Patrella. Here it got ugly as Patrella, caught up in the moment did not hear the final gun go off and started running the ball back. He happened to be running down the wrong side of the field, and UCLA player Paul Horgan stormed off the UCLA bench and sucker-punched Patrella. He was knocked cold, and had several lacerations that required twelve stitches.

The Bruins' behavior got even worse. Memphian Prothro spent his time complaining about poor officiating and clock management. He stated after the contest, "For the first time in my life, I am ashamed to be a Southerner."

Wish I could find that video.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #49
VolNExile
Easily Amused

Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State
Thread title made me think that Fulmer actually said “Memphis State.” I was visualizing my 90-year-old 120-lb Memphis mother coming after him on her walker.

She doesn’t take “Tiger High” kindly either.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-22-2018, 08:55 PM   #50
Carl Pickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TownVol View Post
Might??
Often times they crawl up chickens' asses
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-24-2018, 01:12 AM   #51
VolBraniac
Big Member

Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Pickens View Post
Often times they crawl up chickens' asses

Memphis State fans? I never saw that.

Not that I am surprised.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-28-2018, 03:09 PM   #52
stevenrich2003

Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange View Post
They might actually be favored right now
I remember one time Peyton played Memphis state....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-28-2018, 04:50 PM   #53
sport3500

Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State Phillip Fulmer: No More Memphis State
We get better competition from Memphis in basketball and baseball.
Reply With Quote TOP