1461 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on This is why we win 10 games this year Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 05-17-2018, 06:27 AM   #31
Behr
Love ya buddy!

This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLVOL_79 View Post

You think the line of scrimmage is going to be a strength?!?

Optimism is good but some of yall are living in an alternate reality and are setting yourselves up for some serious, serious drinking and disappointment.
He didn't technically say it would be a strength.

I used to welcome any reason to drink. Disappointment was a good one.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 06:47 AM   #32
FLVOL_79
Braaaains!

This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behr View Post
You think OD is D4H?
If D4H was old enough to drink OD would be his drunk alter ego.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 06:50 AM   #33
FLVOL_79
Braaaains!

This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
Quote:
He didn't technically say it would be a strength.

I used to welcome any reason to drink. Disappointment was a good one.
History has shown that when people think the o-line is going to be good the team is going to be terrible. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe before the 2005 season there was a ton of hype about having the best line in the nation....and see how that season turned out...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 06:56 AM   #34
Behr
Love ya buddy!

This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLVOL_79 View Post
History has shown that when people think the o-line is going to be good the team is going to be terrible. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe before the 2005 season there was a ton of hype about having the best line in the nation....and see how that season turned out...
I don't think we win 10 games this year, not even with a bowl win and counting the spring game.

I was just pointing out he said he thought it would be better than it has been and Butch won 9 with less. I accept it as his opinion.

I don't see how it could be worse.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 07:12 AM   #35
k-town_king

This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyvol79 View Post
WTF is wrong with some of you fans lol winning 10 games this year??? Are you serious we will be lucky to go 6-6 and make a bowl. 5-7 is much more likely and 4-8 again wouldn’t shock me either.
Your take is even worse than the op. Neither one of you are being realistic.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 07:34 AM   #36
greazy1722

This is why we win 10 games this year
I think they can muster a good season. It all on the QB this season. I think he just dont trust JG and thats why he brought in Chryst. I believe we are going to get a better version of Chryst. He trying to go to NFL. We can win at least 8 games or more this season. I dont think the team is that bad and Its a lot a good coaches come in on first year and have success. The Defense is going to be really good this year. Alot of guys coming back from injury. From what my Nephew brandon told me the offense going to be night and day from last season. Vols have a shot this year.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 07:44 AM   #37
Boca Vol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardedVol View Post
Don't do it. It's equal parts Windex, antifreeze, and kerosene in a 7 Eleven Big Gulp cup.
Breakfast of champions.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 08:07 AM   #38
VolinMC

This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
OP,while I do enjoy your enthusiasm,please don't be one of those posters who build the team up only to want to fire coaches or bench players when the season doesn't go as you predicted. It's great you want them to do well but there is still a lot to overcome with this team. They can have a winning season(and I hope they can) but just remember it's gonna take awhile for them to be great.
Keep showing your spirit and fandom but remember where we are starting at.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 08:25 AM   #39
Russdaddy2027

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange defense View Post
This is why I say we win 10 games this year! This is the best we've been on the line of scrimmage in more than a decade and Butch won 9 games twice with less. Better staff, better line of scrimmage talent = Let's go!
Seriously you are gonna set the bar that low? Its that kind of mediocrity that gave birth to the garbage fest that was last season.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 08:36 AM   #40
secking

This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
Quote:
This is why I say we win 10 games this year! This is the best we've been on the line of scrimmage in more than a decade and Butch won 9 games twice with less. Better staff, better line of scrimmage talent = Let's go!
Who is your fav team? Do you like turtles?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #41
Jack Burton
Everybody relax, I'm here

This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year This is why we win 10 games this year
Pretty good troll OP. Put on moar steam.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #42
VFL-82-JP
Bleedin' Orange...

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfannbama View Post
Seriously, sunny makes me look like orange defense.
Ha! He does, doesn't he?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke
"We're all one race, and that's the human race." -- Diamond and Silk
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 09:13 AM   #43
1974Vol
4 * 2011 QB

Quote:
Here hold my beer...I'll call your 10 games and raise you an SEC Championship!!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #44
VFL-82-JP
Bleedin' Orange...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
Some of you guys get too worked up.

10 seems a little optimistic to me. We'd have to beat one of Alabama, Georgia or Auburn; which would make me crazy happy. I feel like 9 is a realistic ceiling and I think we'll get 6 or 7 wins in reality.
I agree 100% with this. Anything between 3 and 9 wins this season is arguable, because so many unknowns. The more we see of Pruitt & crew's no-nonsense style, the less likely 3 or 4 wins seem, and the safer we seem to be pushing into the 5-9 win range. But we won't know anything for sure until our lads actually take the field and start playing games.

But 10, yeah, that's a little beyond realistic.

Still, OD isn't hurting anything or anyone with his optimism. Never understood why people get more worked up about his and Nationdom's sunny sides than they do about the trolls who bad-mouth our teams, players, coaches, and program.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

Last edited by VFL-82-JP; 05-17-2018 at 09:20 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 05-17-2018, 09:19 AM   #45
VFL-82-JP
Bleedin' Orange...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious B.E.N View Post
Quote:
You think OD is D4H?
Yes
I guess its possible, but I don't think so.
I don't think so, either. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's not.

Nationdom and OD have a good-spiritedness about them that sets them way apart from D4H, who is an evil little goblin willing to abandon our team when he doesn't get his way. Those two fellas never do that. Really sets them apart from him. They're each worth 10 D4Hs.

Reply With Quote TOP