Pruitt will have a better record than Fulmer

There you go ... You heard it here first. I'll revisit this thread in 5 years

I doubt it. Look at what Fulmer inherited and his record his first few seasons.

Not saying Pruitt won't be a good coach, but he is going to take many more losses his first few years.

Check back in 10 years..imo

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Pruitt will beat Smart, Mullen, and that South Carolina guy. You’ve heard it millions of times from me.💥👌👍

Reactions: 2 people
There you go ... You heard it here first. I'll revisit this thread in 5 years

Think about the logic behind this for just a minute... If Pruitt even equals what Fulmer did in his first 6 seasons, that would be:

1993: 10-2 (including the forfeited Alabama tie)
1994: 8-4
1995: 11-1
1996: 10-2
1997: 11-2 (SEC Championship)
1998: 13-0 (SEC & National Championship)

Considering what he has inherited, this would be one of the all time great rebuilds in modern history and Pruitt would definitely succeed Saban at Alabama long before he had enough time to win as much at Tennessee as Fulmer did. Of course, if he wins big at Tennessee and leaves, I don't think most Tennessee fans will hold that against him.

Reactions: 5 people
Hey brotha,I'm all for the optimism lord knows we need more of it around here but you jumped out of a huuugge window with that one lol...I'm waiting to see the man coach a game be for i declare him this or that but I do think we're set up for success better than we have been in sumtime.It's a process I just hope were patient enuff to let it play out.Go Vols

Think about the logic behind this for just a minute... If Pruitt even equals what Fulmer did in his first 6 seasons, that would be:

1993: 10-2 (including the forfeited Alabama tie)
1994: 8-4
1995: 11-1
1996: 10-2
1997: 11-2 (SEC Championship)
1998: 13-0 (SEC & National Championship)

Considering what he has inherited, this would be one of the all time great rebuilds in modern history and Pruitt would definitely succeed Saban at Alabama long before he had enough time to win as much at Tennessee as Fulmer did. Of course, if he wins big at Tennessee and leaves, I don't think most Tennessee fans will hold that against him.

8-4 in Pruitt's second year will cost him his job.

I can't see anyone sticking around long enough to match what Fulmer did anymore.

The leadership from the top down doesn't inspire confidence that they could keep Pruitt if he does fire out of the gates quickly.

The SEC is also much more competitive than during Fulmers time as well.

I can't see anyone sticking around long enough to match what Fulmer did anymore.

The leadership from the top down doesn't inspire confidence that they could keep Pruitt if he does fire out of the gates quickly.

The SEC West is 1,000 times better than it was in the 90's but the East is probably a little worse... Florida under Spurrier was better than Georgia is now (at least so far).

Reactions: 1 person
ohboy.gif

Not really, Fla. without Spurrier is much more beatable, and Smart could just be a flash in the pan, we don't know yet; remember Terry Bowden.

The SEC West is 1,000 times better than it was in the 90's but the East is probably a little worse... Florida under Spurrier was better than Georgia is now (at least so far).

I actually think the East is better now than it was in the early 90s in a few respects. It was basically UT and FL then the rest.

Expansion has added depth to the league. Arkansas and SC were just getting their footing when Fulmer took over and both have improved. Adding TX A&M and Missouri added some quality depth as well.

Even the bad teams from the 90s are fairly competitive like Vandy... KY..Ole Miss.. and MS ST.

Basically I think the bad teams in the East from the 90s have gotten somewhat better and the addition of SC and Missouri has added to it as well.

Despite what UGA did last year I don't see any of the East teams competing with Bama any time soon but top to bottom I think the East has improved from when Fulmer took over.

Gonna be tougher for anyone to sustain success IMO.

VN Store

Back