When do you expect results/lose patience?

When do you expect results/lose patience?

• Total voters

#1ManningFan

Vol for Life
This is a loaded question with lots of variables. But when do you want to see results with Pruitt and Co.? Now I understand everyone's expectations and end result vary but what year does your patience end and you wanna start seeing results on the field before losing your mind like Dooley (fired year 3) and Butch (fired year 5).

Poll didn't pop up? I wanted. PLease edit mods if possible. Thanks!

Year 2
Year 3
Year 4
Year 5

Last edited:
This is a loaded question with lots of variables. But when do you want to see results with Pruitt and Co.? Now I understand everyone's expectations and end result vary but what year does your patience end and you wanna start seeing results on the field before losing your mind like Dooley (fired year 3) and Butch (fired year 5).

Year 2
Year 3
Year 4
Year 5
Year one.

FUN FACT:

#Vols average star rating for the CURRENT roster (players already on campus AND players who will join the team in the summer) is 3.36.

Florida’s is 3.32.

Any time you can be better than the Gators is a good day. 🍊
See!

Reactions: 4 people
Year one.

Vol Sports Network #VSPN
Vol Sports Network #VSPN
@vspntweets
·
May 7
FUN FACT:

#Vols average star rating for the CURRENT roster (players already on campus AND players who will join the team in the summer) is 3.36.

Florida’s is 3.32.

See!

Whats your prediction for year one?

Reactions: 1 person
Year 1: get us bowl eligible and make us not look like the laughing stock we’ve been for years

Year 2: win some against UF, UGA, USCe

Year 3: win the East

Year 2 is when elite coaches are revealed with huge leaps over year 1.

Reactions: 11 people
Year one we should see an improvement. Beating 4 wins is not hard. If we see good coaching and thought put into playcalling that's an improvement and we should win our fair share of games. When we get replenished with talent after this next class we should definitely see more of what the next few years will look like.

This did not happen in one Season...Can not expect to change the physical, mental and emotional mindset of players and fans in one Season. I just want to be Proud once again of the product put on the field.

Reactions: 2 people
Man, lotta things gotta be defined here before you're going to get any coherent answers.

What does "results" mean? Getting to a bowl game? Getting to a major bowl? Getting to 4-4 in conference play? Beating one of our key rivals (Bama, Florida, Georgia)? Two of them? Winning the East? Winning the SEC? Getting into the playoffs? Winning a national championship?

And what do you mean by "lose patience"? Get exasperated? Turn off a game before it ends? Skip one or more Saturdays? Stop buying tickets and merchandise? Begin writing letters to the AD? Start lobbying for a new coach?

You said it has a lot of variables, but didn't define any of them. So the responses are gonna be all over the map.

Answering for myself:

1. I will "expect results" (=want us to win) every time we play a game.
2. I will "lose patience" (=be sad) every time we lose a game.

1b. I will "expect results" (=get to a bowl) this season.
2b. I will "lose patience" (=grumble a little) if we have another 8-loss year.

1c. I will "expect results" (=win the East) within four years (by the 2021 season).
2c. I will "lose patience" (=begin thinking Pruitt might not be the guy) if we haven't by then.

1d. I will "expect results" (=win an SEC championship and get into the playoffs) by 2023.
2d. I will "lose patience" (=call for Pruitt's head) if we're still struggling to beat Vandy, Kentucky, Mizzou, or South Carolina at that point.

1e. I will "expect results" (=national championship) never. But hope for one every year.
2e. I will "lose patience" (=say Pruitt should be fired because we didn't win it all) never. As long as we're in the hunt.

So there, short of defining your terms, every answer is gonna have to cover multiple scenarios, kinda like that.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 7 people
I fully expect to see marked increase in effort this year. Even if we do not see success vis-à-vis wins we should see these kids not quit. If that happens then the following year the results will be more than apparent. GBO

we can already see all kind of results off the field. At UT the only results that matter are on the field, specifically in the W column. Pruitt and Co know that. So expect them to gamble a little this year and next on trying to add more W's. That may actually lead to more losses, unfortunately.

Year 3 is always the year that, across the board, results are expected. We should be in the conversation for the SECE by year 3. If we get there, patience will be renewed regardless of results. If not there will be an abundance of lost patience and gnashing of teeth.

Year 1 I want to see coaches that don't make idiot in game decisions and can make adjustments to opponents game plans.

Players that play the entire game with 100% effort. Find some leaders and playmakers.

Good game planning that utilizes the talent we have to their best ability.

Players that look like they've had some coaching. Receivers knowing routes and can run block. D-backs that don't blow coverage. Oline that doesn't whiff on blocks.

If we do all that we can have a decent first year. I'm not going into the season expecting wins against the best of the SEC. Win the games we're supposed to and show some competitiveness every week.

Year 1 I want to see improvement each week. I'm not expecting great play at the start of the year. There will be mistakes, and errors, and a lot of player growth early on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Ditto. Seems like the consensus is:
1) Bowl game
2) Beat two of FL, GA, USCe. Run the table on MO, Candy, KY,
3) Play in SEC championship game
4) Compete in top ten for National Champs.

Always play hard,improvement in playcalling, efficiency, a lot better discipline w/r/t late hits, off sides or holding in the red zone, and finally develop CBS that can run with a receiver and intercept, steal, knock the ball away.

Reactions: 3 people
Year one.

Vol Sports Network #VSPN
Vol Sports Network #VSPN
@vspntweets
·
May 7
FUN FACT:

Florida’s is 3.32.

See!

Where does this star average rank in the SEC?

Year 2
Year 3
Year 4
Year 5

I think I want to complete my sensitivity study and an uncertainty analysis before I answer this.:)

Year 2
Year 3
Year 4
Year 5

Yesterday......

improving starts with the spring game..
No where to go but up from here IMO...
Recruiting has to improve..which it is...
I want to see improvement every game we play...

I will lose my mind if..
I see anything that resembles last years offense or play calling....
Someone falls on a helmet and gets hurt...
i hear anything about how half these guys have never been on a plane before..
I see players give up during the game...

Year 1:Make at least a lower tier bowl , 6-6 type of year.
Year 2: 8-4. Don't be out of the conversation for SECE by end of October.
year 3: Compete for SECE is a given. ATL appearance should not be out of the realm of possibility if CJP is the guy. Butch was expected to get to ATL in year 3 under worse circumstances. 9-3 type of season.
Year 4: 9-10 wins a year should be the standard by then.

Reactions: 2 people
There's no consensus here. There's not even any agreement on what the question is. :ermm:

I know Im not being creative here, but in all seriousness, I'll be extremely happy if we...

make the fewest mistakes.

Play for and make the breaks and when one comes our way – SCORE.

If at first the game – or the breaks – go against us, don't let up... put on more steam.

Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.

Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle.

Press the kicking game.

Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

Especially the last one. If we can do that, win a few games and get to a bowl, I will feel really good about our future.

Reactions: 6 people
I know Im not being creative here, but in all seriousness, I'll be extremely happy if we...

make the fewest mistakes.

Play for and make the breaks and when one comes our way – SCORE.

If at first the game – or the breaks – go against us, don't let up... put on more steam.

Protect our kickers, our QB, our lead and our ball game.

Ball, oskie, cover, block, cut and slice, pursue and gang tackle.

Press the kicking game.

Carry the fight to our opponent and keep it there for 60 minutes.

Especially the last one. If we can do that, win a few games and get to a bowl, I will feel really good about our future.

Dang, man, you gave me goosebumps. Not original, no, but hella effective.

Thanks for that.

VN Store

Back