John Adams: why we shouldn’t schedule Oklahoma in 2020

Oh by the way? Pruitt will be blowing the doors off in 2020. He will still be winning beating Georgia, Florida, and Oklahoma. By then, he may be beating those elephants into the ground. He is a winner John Adams, not a loser. The sooner you find out, you will change your bashing of Pruitt.🤭😎🤬

Reactions: 4 people
Oh by the way? Pruitt will be blowing the doors off in 2020. He will still be winning beating Georgia, Florida, and Oklahoma. By then, he may be beating those elephants into the ground. He is a winner John Adams, not a loser. The sooner you find out, you will change your bashing of Pruitt.🤭😎🤬

You don't know that.

Reactions: 15 people
John Adams is such a loser.

And I don't mean that in the Valley Girl, generic insult use of the word. I mean it quite literally: he has a losing mentality, and a loser's penchant for shying away from challenges.

Thank the heavens that he has no input on this program's direction.

Reactions: 14 people
Adams. :lol:
giphy.gif

Reactions: 3 people

You’re the bizarro John Adams. Opposite in every way. You two should do a Point/Counterpoint column for the paper.

I'm all over playing them. Games like this only serve to raise awareness of the UT brand. That region is fertile recruiting ground, Texas in particular. This generation of athletes probably don't know much about the history of Tennessee football. Playing them and opening up a can of whup azz can only help.

If Pruitt is the guy to bring the VOLS back to national prominence then expectations for year three should and will be totally different than his first season as HC for UT. Does Adams suffer from memory loss? Butch almost Beat Bama and the Sooners in his third year. IF those were wins that season is drastically different. Welcome tough competition, don't shy from it. Ohio ST, USC, Bama and other big time programs schedule tough non-conference opponents and UT should as well.

Last edited:
I will continue to support my team, as I always have. However, until they prove otherwise, they are the worst team in the SEC (and in school history), as that was their last accomplishment.

Maybe one day I can again look forward to match-ups like these.

FUN FACT:

#Vols average star rating for the CURRENT roster (players already on campus AND players who will join the team in the summer) is 3.36.

Florida’s is 3.32.

Any time you can be better than the Gators is a good day. 🍊

I want everyone to see this. 👍

Ath Dept knows we have a bunch of sheep in our fanbase that will fill the seats regardless of coaching performance.

Well I go to support the team and I love to watch football. Sheep are much better fans than some others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Keep-up the optimism. We need more of it. I don't share it, just because of what we've seen in the past few years, but I admire those who always see the positive in life. :hi:

I don't even expect Pruitt or any coach to have us totally fixed by year 3. What I do expect is a fundamentally sound team that plays with passion, and a coaching staff that understands how to manage a game. If we can get that we will at least have a chance of beating big teams like Oklahoma again. In 2015 we outplayed them for most of the game, but stupid old Butch insisted on running the hurry up offense late into the 4th quarter while holding a lead...

Reactions: 2 people
I don't even expect Pruitt or any coach to have us totally fixed by year 3. What I do expect is a fundamentally sound team that plays with passion, and a coaching staff that understands how to manage a game. If we can get that we will at least have a chance of beating big teams like Oklahoma again. In 2015 we outplayed them for most of the game, but stupid old Butch insisted on running the hurry up offense late into the 4th quarter while holding a lead...

Also, not being able to put the ball in the end zone from inside the 5 yard line and having to settle for a field goal. That doomed the Vols many times in the CBJ era, such as OU in 2015; Florida in 2014, 15, and 17; South Carolina and Kentucky in 2017. Those are just the games that instantly come to mind, I'm sure there were others.

VN Store

Back