ESPN looks at transfers of Chryst and London

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
ESPN looks at impact transfers Chryst, London can have with Vols
These guys can change our football team in a hurry, just for being here. Their leadership, playing time, and knowledge could ignite us into something big. We have Kenneth George Jr. that can also give some leadership on the field. These guys have something to prove, and I believe they are going to prove to us why they came here, to help the coaching staff out in a big way. Expect Chryst to push our quarterbacks to better heights. Expect London to do the same, and be a horse at running back. These guys are winners in my book, just to be here at rocky top.
Oh by the way, thanks for coming to the hill.
Go vols.:rock::peace2:

Reactions: 12 people
These guys can change our football team in a hurry, just for being here. Their leadership, playing time, and knowledge could ignite us into something big. We have Kenneth George Jr. that can also give some leadership on the field. These guys have something to prove, and I believe they are going to prove to us why they came here, to help the coaching staff out in a big way. Expect Chryst to push our quarterbacks to better heights. Expect London to do the same, and be a horse at running back. These guys are winners in my book, just to be here at rocky top.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Your book belongs in the comic section.

Reactions: 7 people

Not sure why you have such sarcasm about that post. Bringing in Chryst will absolutely push JG to new heights, or he'll lose the job to Chryst. Happens everywhere. Look how much Ben Rothlesburger *****ed about Pittsburgh bringing in another QB. Don't you think that will push him? Or Joe Flacco, who hasn't spoken to Lamar Jackson since he was drafted. They see the writing on the wall, don't get any better, and your replacement is in the building. And look what happened at Alabama. Well, it's like that here now. It damn sure is a message to JG. So he will take that and he'll up his game or will be sitting when game time comes. Same with the RB's. May the best man win out. In all of the cases.

Reactions: 21 people
Imagine, if, every day you have an opportunity to walk into the locker-room or board-room or forum-room and hear something positive like this ...

OR ... something less-than-positive like this

Reactions: 13 people
Every article I've read about Chryst losing his job at Stanford had the same theme... "He ain't that good."

I'll believe he's a "difference maker" when he actually becomes one.

Reactions: 9 people
One thing I noticed from the article that I hadn't before was that chryst rushed for 164 yards and 3 touchdowns at Stanford. Not earthshattering by any means but it looks like he can get out of the pocket some if needed.

Reactions: 2 people
There is no doubt London will help us in the backfield. A big back with experience is much needed. Chryst will hopefully help. Would love to see him come in and win the starting job. Still wish we could add an offensive lineman

Not sure why you have such sarcasm about that post. Bringing in Chryst will absolutely push JG to new heights, or he'll lose the job to Chryst. Happens everywhere. Look how much Ben Rothlesburger *****ed about Pittsburgh bringing in another QB. Don't you think that will push him? Or Joe Flacco, who hasn't spoken to Lamar Jackson since he was drafted. They see the writing on the wall, don't get any better, and your replacement is in the building. And look what happened at Alabama. Well, it's like that here now. It damn sure is a message to JG. So he will take that and he'll up his game or will be sitting when game time comes. Same with the RB's. May the best man win out. In all of the cases.

Ben is not worried about his job from Mason Rudolph. He wanted a DE or DT to help them get to super bowl.

Reactions: 6 people

The problem with what you are saying::: they are coming here to help our staff??
They are coming here because they think they can get playing time on this team and hopefully improve their NFL chances....

Every article I've read about Chryst losing his job at Stanford had the same theme... "He ain't that good."

So what you are saying is the guy averaging a little over 600 yards and 6 TD's a season in 3 years at Stanford shouldn't be anointed the second coming of Manning just yet?

Reactions: 1 person
All I know is neither one can hurt UT. They are both better than some on the team at their respective positions.

Reactions: 4 people
Imagine, if, every day you have an opportunity to walk into the locker-room or board-room or forum-room and hear something positive like this ...

OR ... something less-than-positive like this

I thought Pruitt was being congratulated for toughening this team up?

Ben is not worried about his job from Mason Rudolph. He wanted a DE or DT to help them get to super bowl.

They had other draft picks. Why was that third rounder so vital to the immediate future?

They had other draft picks. Why was that third rounder so vital to the immediate future?

Rudolph was probably the best value at 76.

Some projections had him going to the Patriots earlier in the 2nd and there was even some chatter of him being a 1st rd pick early on.

They also went defense in the first round with Edmunds at safety and grabbed a DT from Bama late.

Big Ben was off base a little with his griping, especially considering he had been talking retirement the last couple of seasons. JMO

It's not quite like that here now because Flacco, Big Ben, and Hurts all have/had track records of significant success before being confronted with competition for the position. JG has 'tude and a langorous, baseball-like wind-up.

"He ain't that good" could be used to describe all the QBs on our roster right now.

Rudolph was probably the best value at 76.

Some projections had him going to the Patriots earlier in the 2nd and there was even some chatter of him being a 1st rd pick early on.

They also went defense in the first round with Edmunds at safety and grabbed a DT from Bama late.

Big Ben was off base a little with his griping, especially considering he had been talking retirement the last couple of seasons. JMO

Brett Favre Syndrome.

I don’t believe either will. There’s a reason why both are transferring and not starting for the teams they originally signed with......London never did much of anything at Mich State, and Chryst presided over some wins at Stanford where they win by beating teams up on defense and relying on a power running game offensively.

Both can make contributions by pushing JG, Chandler/Jordan/Banks to be better, but that’s about it barring injury imo.

Last edited:
I think Chryst is the starter as long as the OL shows they can protect him. That is not a knock against JG or McBride. He is a proven winner though. In this league you have to have a full fledged leader at QB. Can't say that I really get the vibe that JG is a leader.

VN Store

Back