Am I the only one that thinks we can beat Georgia?

Orange defense

Blood runneth orange in my veins
It seems to me that I’m the only Tennessee fan that thinks that they can beat Georgia. I will stick to my saying, Smart can’t beat Pruitt. Why am I the only one thinks this? Georgia has a young team this year, and it doesn’t matter what they have 4 or 5 star players. We can beat them.:)

I always have hope we can win. If I didn't think we have a chance, I probably wouldn't bother watching.

Reactions: 3 people
It seems to me that I’m the only Tennessee fan that thinks that they can beat Georgia. I will stick to my saying, Smart can’t beat Pruitt. Why am I the only one thinks this? Georgia has a young team this year, and it doesn’t matter what they have 4 or 5 star players. We can beat them.:)

You are far from alone. In a fan base that numbers in the millions, there are going to be thousands, if not tens of thousands, who agree with practically anything that's even remotely realistic.

And it is at least remotely realistic that we could beat Georgia this coming Sep 29th.

But man, so much is in the verbs you use.

"Can" we beat Georgia in 2018? Absolutely.
"Can" Smart beat Pruitt (in other words, can Georgia beat us)? Absolutely.

There's a huge gap in between those two phrases. For instance, if you honestly believe that "Smart can't beat Pruitt," that means you absolutely and categorically believe that we not only can beat Georgia, but we certainly will.

So if you're wondering how many Vols fans agree with you that we can beat UGa, I'd say there are a lot.

If you're wondering how many Vols fans agree with you that we certainly will beat UGa (that Smart can't beat Pruitt), I'd say that crowd is a lot smaller.

Go Vols!

You are far from alone. In a fan base that numbers in the millions, there are going to be thousands, if not tens of thousands, who agree with practically anything that's even remotely realistic.

And it is at least remotely realistic that we could beat Georgia this coming Sep 29th.

But man, so much is in the verbs you use.

"Can" we beat Georgia in 2018? Absolutely.
"Can" Smart beat Pruitt (in other words, can Georgia beat us)? Absolutely.

There's a huge gap in between those two phrases. For instance, if you honestly believe that "Smart can't beat Pruitt," that means you absolutely and categorically believe that we not only can beat Georgia, but we certainly will.

So if you're wondering how many Vols fans agree with you that we can beat UGa, I'd say there are a lot.

If you're wondering how many Vols fans agree with you that we certainly will beat UGa (that Smart can't beat Pruitt), I'd say that crowd is a lot smaller.

Go Vols!

What real logic looks like

Georgia isn't gonna be as good as last year. The difference will be at QB, unless Fromm goes through a sophomore slump I don't know if our guys can put up enough points to beat the Dawgs.

But we still gonna whip dey ass

Reactions: 3 people
I would expect the VOLS to be much more competitive than they were last year but still think UGA wins comfortably somewhere in the neighborhood of a 34-17 type of game. Talent advantage goes to the dawgs unfortunately.

It will be tough to beat them. Kinda like going the length of a field in 10 seconds and winning on a Hail Mary.......

Reactions: 1 person

I'm with you! I also think we are going to get Gruden any day!

Reactions: 4 people
Vols 21 dawgs 17. Why not in the house Neyland built! Wake me up, I'm dreaming. It will be an autumn Saturday in the SEC.....

Unlike some other weeks, I won't be planning my Saturday around that game unless the team has looked great already and has at least one shocking win under their belt. I'm no longer that kind of masochist, but I get those who are. I used to be.

VN Store

Back