Pruitt: "I didn't come here to win 6 games

Has any coach in the history of college football came out and said our expectation is to win 6 games?

Reactions: 11 people
“We play 12 games this fall, and if we play to the best of our ability in all 12, we’ll have a chance to win every one of them.” -CJP

Hints that he doesn't think this team is without talent

Don't think he would say there were a few teams we didn't stand a chance against

Reactions: 1 person
6 will keep the grim reaper at bay. 8 will have many fans celebrating. 10 or more and they will start looking for an alley to name Pruitt's Path!

BO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 2 people
Has any coach in the history of college football came out and said our expectation is to win 6 games?

I mean, Dooley kinda did. "Year 0" and all that. I can't think of too many coaches in college football history that tried to set expectations as low as Dooley did.

Reactions: 9 people

No, but it is a hell of a lot better than our previous coach saying last year that the end of the 2016 season, with losses to South Carolina and Vanderbilt costing us the East title, "wasn't a disappointment."

“[Fulmer] said, ‘The head coach at Tennessee is going to be judged by three things: Florida, Georgia and Alabama.’ So, where are we at compared (to those schools)? That’s how hard we need to work. And I knew that when I took this job."

I like it.

Reactions: 8 people
Shhhhhhhhhh! I can hear it now...watch out Smart, Mullen, and that South Carolina guy Pruitt is coming after you.😘🤔😬🤗🤭

CJP showed up with talking points, and expressed them clearly.

Best I can tell, here were his key points:

• Faith is important to his family.
  • Wants to be here for a long time ("long enough to know everybody in this town").
  • Academic support is one significant strength Butch left Jeremy (best he's ever seen).
  • Players will get "reality" from coaches. They may not be used to that right now.
  • If we play our best each week, we have a chance (he didn't say how big a chance) against every team on our schedule.
  • Relevance is guaranteed (he literally guaranteed it) -- and necessary for recruiting success.
  • The way ahead is by being physical, being tough, being relentless. "If we play the right way, then the other team won't want to play us ever again."
  • Goal is best football program in the U.S. "That's why we're here."
  • The measuring stick: how we do against Florida, Georgia, and Alabama.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people

Probably not, maybe he was just addressing all the 5 or 6 win predictions he's seen or heard.

Or, maybe he's just stupid.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back