Culling the herd

ptcarter

Boomshanka! (Google that)
I think the message Pruitt sent after the Spring game was pretty strong. There is a psychology of being beat. UT demonstrated it in at least the second half of the Georgia, LSU,Vanderbilt and Missouri games.

He sees that mentality in some current players and they won't last. Will be interesting to see how/when he parts ways with them.

Like corporate layoffs, it won't be pretty and I'm sure some of the parents will not only be disappointed but some even ticked off.

Personally, I'm glad he didn't paint a rosy picture. There isn't a rose at this juncture. Tough love is coming. Brace yourself. The end will justify the means, if done right.

Reactions: 22 people
Hopefully it works for him. The program DEFINITELY needs it.

There are no safe spaces in winning football...

*******s win......it's factual...

Love me some Pruitt...

Reactions: 1 person
I am assuming there will be close to 65 scholarship players after the summer. which would make sense as to why they keep trying to add graduate transfer players.

Our current players are good, talented football players that have been caught up in the worst possible situation for them over the last few years. Their talent has not been developed and they have not been put into situations to be their best. Some will adapt to the new kind of coaching and some will not. Those who do not will leave and finish their eligibility elsewhere. It really sucks for those kids but that is the business of college football.

the fans are going to experience the same. I was not upset at all for Pruitt calling out the fans during the orange and white game. If he is expected to be top of the coaching ranks then he can expect the fans to be at the top of the fan ranks! The atmosphere at the stadium is not the same as when I was there, 93-97.

Reactions: 8 people
Are there any players on this roster that CJP would've offered a scholly to? :unsure: Valid question when you listen to the post OW game presser. :question:

Last edited:
Please never use the word Herd / Hurd in a thread title
speaking of according to projected depth charts.. he is not even in the 2 deep after spring practice. Have had trouble finding any news on him though I did find out they signed a player without femurs.

The comment Hurd's mom made about AK is gonna haunt him forever.

Agreed. We need to cull the herd with some teachers in Tennessee as well. Far too many people on this board as adults cannot distinguish between the words lose and loose, there their and they're, to too two...do I need to continue? Why is it that either of my kids in 2nd grade had better grammar than half of the adults that post here? From what i have seen, it is much worse on the UK, UGA, and Alabubba sites.

No, I am not the grammar police. Don't even have a college degree. Also not an individual that would allow my children to get through elementary school without a solid command of the English language. The educational system and parents must be failing. I refuse to believe there are that many people which aren't intelligent enough to write and speak clearly.

FWIW, I type so fast and with 2 thumbs that my posts are riddled with typos. Often punctuation errors as well. That is not an ignorance issue. It is being sloppy and very hurried. For adults to consistently be unable to tell homonyms apart is inexcusable in 2018. Those aren't typos. That's not auto correct. That's not grasping the concept of homonyms.

I can hear it now..."Boo this man!"

No problem. Just do it in English.

Reactions: 18 people
Are there any players on this roster that CJP would've offered a scholly to? :unsure: Valid question when you listen to the post OW game presser. :question:

Who knows the answer to this. It really does not matter if he would of offered 1 of these players. These are the players he signed the contract under. He just has to find the best out of what is here and coach them up. If he recruited any of these players and offered them at either Ga, Bama then I guess he would have offered them. These current players have not been developed in the last 4 years and that is not the players fault.

You mean bedside the EE's that he and his staff recruited?

Agreed. We need to cull the herd with some teachers in Tennessee as well. Far too many people on this board as adults cannot distinguish between the words lose and loose, there their and they're, to too two...do I need to continue? Why is it that either of my kids in 2nd grade had better grammar than half of the adults that post here? From what i have seen, it is much worse on the UK, UGA, and Alabubba sites.

No, I am not the grammar police. Don't even have a college degree. Also not an individual that would allow my children to get through elementary school without a solid command of the English language. The educational system and parents must be failing. I refuse to believe there are that many people which aren't intelligent enough to write and speak clearly.

FWIW, I type so fast and with 2 thumbs that my posts are riddled with typos. Often punctuation errors as well. That is not an ignorance issue. It is being sloppy and very hurried. For adults to consistently be unable to tell homonyms apart is inexcusable in 2018. Those aren't typos. That's not auto correct. That's not grasping the concept of homonyms.

Relax, you don't have to know Darwin is your boss for it to be true. Some people don't hear the "boos", bet you don't

Who knows the answer to this. It really does not matter if he would of offered 1 of these players. These are the players he signed the contract under. He just has to find the best out of what is here and coach them up. If he recruited any of these players and offered them at either Ga, Bama then I guess he would have offered them. These current players have not been developed in the last 4 years and that is not the players fault.

Well, somebody needs /should have posed the question. Can't help what he inhereted.

There will always be homonym casualties as long as we continue taking the shortcut and teaching by phonics. English isn't a phonetic language, and there are more homonyms than I ever thought - probably brought to light by rapidly dissipating writing skills.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the message Pruitt sent after the Spring game was pretty strong. There is a psychology of being beat. UT demonstrated it in at least the second half of the Georgia, LSU,Vanderbilt and Missouri games.

He sees that mentality in some current players and they won't last. Will be interesting to see how/when he parts ways with them.

Like corporate layoffs, it won't be pretty and I'm sure some of the parents will not only be disappointed but some even ticked off.

Personally, I'm glad he didn't paint a rosy picture. There isn't a rose at this juncture. Tough love is coming. Brace yourself. The end will justify the means, if done right.
No, it ain't gonna be pretty. But it is inevitable and pretty ain't his style (thankfully).

Interesting but will it have any affect?

Reactions: 3 people
Lots of talk about running players off but behind the scenes I bet the staff is working like crazy to keep every single one of the warm bodies available. Less is more does not apply to this depleted bunch.

There will always be homonym casualties as long as we continue taking the shortcut and teaching by phonics. English isn't a phonetic language, and there are more homonyms than I ever thought - probably brought to light by rapidly dissipating writing skills.

I like country sausage & fried apples with homonyms. :p

Wut?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back