Should have had a spring roster.

LibertyVolance

SEC channel should have known that new players and numbers necessitated more focus on identifying personnel to the audience. Instead they blabbed through plays seldom identifying receivers, ball carriers or tacklers.

Was very pleased to see Kirkland and Bituli dressed out and involved w/o participating as well as Trey Smith and Chance Hall of the OL. They were actively interested if not able to play, exemplifying leadership. If those 4 are ready this fall, it will make a positive difference.

I think Johnson is going to be a player at OC. Add him to Smith, Hall, Richmond, Tatum, Calbert, Carvin, and Locklear and we might have the makings of a better OL in the fall than we have had in recent years.

Gitmo played fairly solid yesterday and Callaway and Palmer did all right. Latrell Williams made one nice catch and run.

Defense is going to be a work in progress. DL - Kivon Bennett and Phillips made the most tackles. Tuttle played solid, but Johnson matched him pretty well when Tuttle lined up on his nose. Warrior and Sapp played a solid game I thought and Warrior looked like a natural at kick return.

Nothing else really jumped out at me. It was a spring game, after all, and we are 4 months until the rubber hits the road. Some positives, some negatives. But I think the coaches took some notes from spring on who wants to sacrifice and get better and who might not give them the effort they are looking for.

Reactions: 3 people
The SEC N isnt to smart - a blowout softball game had to end before they put the O/W game on -- also glad Jennings dressed also

Reactions: 3 people
SEC channel should have known that new players and numbers necessitated more focus on identifying personnel to the audience. Instead they blabbed through plays seldom identifying receivers, ball carriers or tacklers.

Was very pleased to see Kirkland and Bituli dressed out and involved w/o participating as well as Trey Smith and Chance Hall of the OL. They were actively interested if not able to play, exemplifying leadership. If those 4 are ready this fall, it will make a positive difference.

I think Johnson is going to be a player at OC. Add him to Smith, Hall, Richmond, Tatum, Calbert, Carvin, and Locklear and we might have the makings of a better OL in the fall than we have had in recent years.

Gitmo played fairly solid yesterday and Callaway and Palmer did all right. Latrell Williams made one nice catch and run.

Defense is going to be a work in progress. DL - Kivon Bennett and Phillips made the most tackles. Tuttle played solid, but Johnson matched him pretty well when Tuttle lined up on his nose. Warrior and Sapp played a solid game I thought and Warrior looked like a natural at kick return.

Nothing else really jumped out at me. It was a spring game, after all, and we are 4 months until the rubber hits the road. Some positives, some negatives. But I think the coaches took some notes from spring on who wants to sacrifice and get better and who might not give them the effort they are looking for.

Completely agree about announcers. Most fans were moreinterested in knowing what players were making plays than the BS blabbing they were doing. Maybe UT grad Wojciechowski should have called the game instead off Bama homer "nobody could start for Bama" McElroy, who couldn't care less who was making the plays, since all our players suck anyway.

Reactions: 1 person
Completely agree about announcers. Most fans were moreinterested in knowing what players were making plays than the BS blabbing they were doing. Maybe UT grad Wojciechowski should have called the game instead off Bama homer "nobody could start for Bama" McElroy, who couldn't care less who was making the plays, since all our players suck anyway.

It is somewhat the same in regular season telecasts as well. I want to turn down the sound and listen to Kesling and Priest, but they are not in sync with live action so that is futile too.

The motor mouths think they are obligated to pump their gums non-stop start to finish. Down, distance, time were all John Ward priorities. Sure miss him at the mike.

Reactions: 2 people
The SEC N isnt to smart - a blowout softball game had to end before they put the O/W game on -- also glad Jennings dressed also

The SEC Network still is very much a work in progress. On Dish they show 4 SEC alternate channels and none of them are active when the prompt instructs one to tune to the alternate channel. When this fails, they never provide another channel or instructions on how to find the alternative channel. Fortunately, I was able to watch the ESPN app on my I pad

You are right. The announcing was as bad as I've seen. Hardly even mentioned the play as it happened or the players. Hopefully it's a one time thing for us this year and they get it fixed. If not,they are gonna lose a lot of watchers.

i hear what everybody is saying about the play by play--they could've done a better job with that. However, they were extremely complimentary of our coaching staff and AD. Sure, McElroy said we had virtually no one who could start for Bama ans I disagree with that, with our recruiting in recent years. But developmentally, he's probably right, although I think we have two or three who could start right now. All in all, I didn't hate the telecast or the job they did.

i hear what everybody is saying about the play by play--they could've done a better job with that. However, they were extremely complimentary of our coaching staff and AD. Sure, McElroy said we had virtually no one who could start for Bama ans I disagree with that, with our recruiting in recent years. But developmentally, he's probably right, although I think we have two or three who could start right now. All in all, I didn't hate the telecast or the job they did.

I didn’t hate the job they did either, but for some reason, I found myself muting the video when I rewatched the game on YouTube. I don’t know why. I usually don’t mind McElroy, but for some reason I just hated listening to him call the game.

Your first sentence is the best observation I have read about the "spring game" (I use the term game loosely). The announcers were like a bunch of the espn know-it-alls that sit in a circle "talking" mostly BS. There is another term of a bunch of guys sitting in a circle. However I don't understand the coordinated effort to ignore what is going on on the field like these guys do at spring efforts and it's not just in our house.

I was half expecting the announcers to say we Vol fans aren't good enough to be bama fans too......

VN Store

Back