Maybe a little surprising

BigBadVol

The MojoMofo
we didn’t pick up a commitment yesterday. Almost all the teams picked up a commit during their spring game. I know be patient but it’s a little surprising.

Get ready OP, put your flame suit on. Soon there will be posts saying oh its only April or what did you expect blah, blah, blah.

Reactions: 2 people
we didn’t pick up a commitment yesterday. Almost all the teams picked up a commit during their spring game. I know be patient but it’s a little surprising.

I was hoping for one or two . I know I’ll take a beating for this one but as a fan I enjoyed the way Butch would release a commitment strategically at certain times to keep the MO going . Puts on helmet and Kevlar .. ok I’m ready for my stoning 👀

I think Pruitt is less focused on manipulating the fan messaging and more focused on messaging to the Team and those he may be recruiting. He knows the only thing acceptable is to deliver on the field, so no need to spout Butchisms or make fans happy with recruit timing. Its all about winning and the rest takes care of itself. At least that is what is seems like he is doing.

Reactions: 10 people
Pruitt needs to spend less effort on calling out fans and more on recruiting. He is embarrassing.

I’m curious as to what amount of time you think he spent on his comments yesterday after the scrimmage vs the time he’s put into recruiting . I think I heard one of the coaches yesterday say he had a day off ( Easter ) .

Reactions: 17 people

When recruiting for big fish, they don’t bite until it gets late and you reel them in at dark.

Spring game is all about blowing them away with the atmosphere and planting seeds in their mind they want to play there.

Now, yesterday was a good chance to blow away Morris with the support and game day experience.

Potential recruits might be just as much in the dark concerning how this first-year coach is going to work out as the fans are. I'm not surprised some of them are reluctant to test UT waters right now.

Reactions: 1 person
When recruiting for big fish, they don’t bite until it gets late and you reel them in at dark.

Spring game is all about blowing them away with the atmosphere and planting seeds in their mind they want to play there.

Now, yesterday was a good chance to blow away Morris with the support and game day experience.

Big fish aren't going to come until Pruitt wins a few games hes not supposed to.

Little disappointing on the recruiting front. Hopefully it picks up during the summer

If Butch was still the coach, I have no doubt we would have picked up 4 or 5 three star commitments yesterday and even 1 four star. This would artificially inflate our early rankings for 2019 but appease the internet recruiting junkies in the short run. None of them would end up signing with Tennessee for one reason or another. Someone in this thread mentioned that Butch liked to manipulate the fan base. This true... but that's not how Pruitt is going to roll. We just need to get used to having a new coach with a completely different style.

Reactions: 8 people
Big fish aren't going to come until Pruitt wins a few games hes not supposed to.

That's the key right there. Sure, it helps when you've got a big fan base, great facilities, and a very strong staff. But until you can prove you are close to contention and knocking down some teams you arent supposed to, the big recruits are going with the known commodities.

The best you can hope for at this point is to find a few guys that arent high on the others lists and they turn into world beaters.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't even think this is necessarily true. It wasn't true under Butch. They do want to see us play first though.

Butch also benefitted from getting a LOT of legacy players, an overlooked QB with a unique skill set, and an in-state guy that went on to be our all time sack leader. I see what you mean but by and large, the "big fish" want to play for winners.

VN Store

Back