Lol, why is this here?

fade route

Just being honest
Freak, this needs to be cleaned up. BTW, there is nothing in my search history remotely related to Bama so can’t say it’s self inflicted.

1E6BA1D1-EBFC-45D1-AE28-E26A3AEF1634.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I agree with fade. I saw an ad for condos beside BDS. I've never been to Tuscaloosa or Googled anything about the place.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with fade. I saw an ad for condos beside BDS. I've never been to Tuscaloosa or Googled anything about the place.

I have one for shoes right now as I type this. Had one for meeting women from the middle east also last year. Haven't googled either. Mine should be ads about Blake Lively or Maria Taylor. That's the only thing besides Volnation that I browse 😁

All aboard the Crimson Tide cruise!
Redneck-Yacht.jpg

Reactions: 29 people
alabama legend cruise lmao? In fine print it says,all passengers must be closely related, alcohol will be served for free.

Reactions: 2 people
All I get is Smokey the Bear wanting me to prevent forest fires. Since I never websearch fire prevention, maybe fade has a point.

I would have thought a cruise with the Teletubbies or Barney the Dinosaur might have been more to his liking.

Freak, this needs to be cleaned up. BTW, there is nothing in my search history remotely related to Bama so can’t say it’s self inflicted.

View attachment 156025

Since you aren’t getting any helpful answers I’ll jump in here. When companies want to advertise through online sources they can pick which groups they want to target. But there is a lot of data out there so you have to choose how much you want to drill down because every time you go down a level you are cutting out a lot of potential customers. Also while websites have your browsing data many only offer it in generic terms. When the company purchased this add they probably selected it to be showed to people who have shown interests in “football” “SEC” “Cruise” “beach” “vacation”.

Remember, it’s not people compiling this data on you, it’s computer algorithms. It sees you looking at game results for UT BAMA or reading a statement from a BAMA recruit that UT targeted or watching a video or a Saban freak out or him and Kiffin arguing. The algorithm sees you have an interest in BAMA but it isn’t assigning it a positive or negative association. So even if the add placers had put “Bama” in their criteria it may not have removed you

Reactions: 5 people
Since you aren’t getting any helpful answers I’ll jump in here. When companies want to advertise through online sources they can pick which groups they want to target. But there is a lot of data out there so you have to choose how much you want to drill down because every time you go down a level you are cutting out a lot of potential customers. Also while websites have your browsing data many only offer it in generic terms. When the company purchased this add they probably selected it to be showed to people who have shown interests in “football” “SEC” “Cruise” “beach” “vacation”.

Remember, it’s not people compiling this data on you, it’s computer algorithms. It sees you looking at game results for UT BAMA or reading a statement from a BAMA recruit that UT targeted or watching a video or a Saban freak out or him and Kiffin arguing. The algorithm sees you have an interest in BAMA but it isn’t assigning it a positive or negative association. So even if the add placers had put “Bama” in their criteria it may not have removed you

Well that makes some sense. Thinking back, the only thing I can remotely think of is that there was a baseball player at my daughter’s school that got an offer from Bama a month or 2 ago and I looked at his recruiting profile? That’s all I got. Thanks for the more detail though 👍🏻

Fade, next you're gonna be complaining about the Venus Mons ads.

We're on to you, mister.

VN Store

Back