Additional Comments From Pruitt About Players....

Wow. He’s got some house cleaning to do. Curious to see how many leave the program in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 2 people
paraphrasing but... We'll know who our quarterback is when we go to Charlotte... about halfway through the 4th quarter.

Come Charlotte this team will look a lot different than it did today, both effort-wise and personnel-wise.

Wow. He’s got some house cleaning to do. Curious to see how many leave the program in the next few weeks.

A conundrum. CJP is a def/2ndary coach so expect that there will be departures at those positions. Except we are severely thin at those positions. :ermm:

OK, OL/DL, yes? Except we are severely thin at those positions. :ermm:

QB/RBs? Can't see it. We are thin at those positions w/ quality players. :ermm:

K? Except we are severely thin at those positions. :ermm:

WR? Ah yes!

I give. Have to wait for the newbies to come in before we will know which players are pushed out?

paraphrasing but... We'll know who our quarterback is when we go to Charlotte... about halfway through the 4th quarter.

Come Charlotte this team will look a lot different than it did today, both effort-wise and personnel-wise.

For some reason, espn had a graphic that the game will be in atl... I was confused when I seen it.

If he had said that he felt good or encouraged after today, it would be obvious that Pruitt was blowing smoke up our butts. I don't expect that Pruitt will ever be doing much of that.

Reactions: 16 people
His remarks sound awfully a lot like Kirby's when he took over for my Dawgs. I think it's a great mentality to have...not accepting mediocrity.

Reactions: 20 people
A conundrum. CJP is a def/2ndary coach so expect that there will be departures at those positions. Except we are severely thin at those positions. :ermm:

OK, OL/DL, yes? Except we are severely thin at those positions. :ermm:

QB/RBs? Can't see it. We are thin at those positions w/ quality players. :ermm:

K? Except we are severely thin at those positions. :ermm:

WR? Ah yes!

I give. Have to wait for the newbies to come in before we will know which players are pushed out?

I think he’ll do the math with what he now knows he has at each position after 15 practices, and what he believes has coming in this summer.....and I think he’ll hand out some very pointed ultimatums to some guys who he thinks don’t have the stones and / or mental approach he expects and needs. He doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s gonna tolerate and even try to ride with a guy he thinks is gonna quit on him and his team.....and he clearly believes he’s got a handful of them on his roster after what he saw today.

Reactions: 7 people
I recall reading where Pruitt thought we’d start the season with 70-75 scholarship players. I’d say he suspected several players were gonna finish their eligibility elsewhere. This is more evidence.

Lyle’s slogans and general BS is over. These guys are gonna get coached hard. Better put out or get out.

Reactions: 19 people

As many as 10 from what I've heard.
Part of the reason the players parents have been out of the loop for the most part until this weekend.

At least he's honest. I'd rather be told the truth, than someone that likes to my face.

Sent from my H1711 using Tapatalk

"Some guys went out there and competed and tried to do it to the best of their ability, and then we had some guys ... that ain't what they did," Pruitt said.....It's easy to stand out there with your chest stuck out and pretend you're somebody that you're not. It's easy to do, but the film don't lie."

I love him just for these comments....football is really not a very complicated game at its core....maximum effort all the time...in the off-season...in spring practice...in fall training camp...and in the game.

It's extremely HARD WORK...and most folks who love to languish in mediocrity are the first folks to criticize someone who dares to challenge their "status quo"....

Reactions: 16 people
As many as 10 from what I've heard.
Part of the reason the players parents have been out of the loop for the most part until this weekend.

That’s a big number, but shouldn’t surprise anybody if true, given what we saw from what was supposed to be a pretty talented 2017 team. Either get on board or gtfo imho.

Probably a bunch, always happens with new regimes. Some guys that weren’t recruited by Pruitt just won’t buy in

No doubt. And recall just how bad this “team” was last year. Bad habits, bad effort and bad attitudes by a significant number of players are the only way you get to 4-8/0-8 with a pretty talented team last year.....that and a clown coach who was responsible for setting the climate so all 3 “attributes” could come about.

Reactions: 4 people
I think he’ll do the math with what he now knows he has at each position after 15 practices, and what he believes has coming in this summer.....and I think he’ll hand out some very pointed ultimatums to some guys who he thinks don’t have the stones and / or mental approach he expects and needs. He doesn’t strike me as a guy who’s gonna tolerate and even try to ride with a guy he thinks is gonna quit on him and his team.....and he clearly believes he’s got a handful of them on his roster after what he saw today.

Agree with your assessment of today. Although it was great to see a different type of spring game, but anyone watching could tell CJP wasn’t happy at all. Not the sort of low key coach speak and action that we see from all spring games. He was visibly displeased.

For some reason, espn had a graphic that the game will be in atl... I was confused when I seen it.

Looked like to me they used a Tennessee graphic from last season and didn’t update that part of it. The game is obviously in Charlotte, not Atlanta.

That’s a big number, but shouldn’t surprise anybody if true, given what we saw from what was supposed to be a pretty talented 2017 team. Either get on board or gtfo imho.

Some of it is that and some kids that just don't fit or won't play here anyway.

He can afford to cut more dead weight early. If he's able to get it right I expect a pattern similar to Saban, if you can't shows signs of contributing within a couple years you 'll probably finish your career somewhere else.

Probably a bunch, always happens with new regimes. Some guys that weren’t recruited by Pruitt just won’t buy in

It does. From someone close to the situation, these players are getting hit a little harder than even normal with the culture shock. Some have embraced being challenged every day, others have not.

Reactions: 5 people
Some of it is that and some kids that just don't fit or won't play here anyway.

He can afford to cut more dead weight early. If he's able to get it right I expect a pattern similar to Saban, if you can't shows signs of contributing within a couple years you 'll probably finish your career somewhere else.

No more charm school.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back